The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Is there anyway of buying a ford flashing software as a once off? My tuner, doesn't have reflashing software and only tunes standalone ecu's apart from R35's..I saw the HP Tuner suite package but that's like 700usd and I don't really want to buy that to use it once.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it's not going to go well if your tuner doesn't already have ford tuning software and practice/knowledge using it...

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d
4 minutes ago, k31th said:

it's not going to go well if your tuner doesn't already have ford tuning software and practice/knowledge using it...

Yea its crossed my mind, But the fact is options in nz are limited. He's a smart cookie, currently holds the record for the worlds fastest GTR. Im sure he would figure it out.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

You can't learn hp tuners in a day and expect to get an optimal result even if you are good at live tuning. The operating system is different and the way fuel and timing tie in together is different compared to an aftermarket ecu as well. There are little bits and pieces that need to be addressed to make a tune great that an inexperienced person wouldn't figure out immediately.

You might better off getting an aussie tuner with experience such as  @JETURBO to remote tune it in conjunction with your tuner. He likes holidays, maybe he'll fly over??!!:stirthepot:

You'd still need the dongle though. You could borrow one and just pay for the credits.