The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

loving the iphone.

I pick it up, use it to communicate and put it down. don't waste time playing with settings. while android has become a heap better I still believe it is full of half baked features. what good is it having bigger numbers for everything if the software sucks?

also go try the home button on the S8 vs the iphone 7. you'll see what I mean by half baked.

I will bash apple for a few things though, ie the settings app on iOS vs android. android is a clear winner here.

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 8m 18d
Yep... hated it and went back to Apple
I now have an iPad, MacBook Pro, iPhone and an I watch and I love all of them and how they interface.

I’m scared this will be me lmao, the iPhone so simple

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d
24 minutes ago, tazzanz said:
I’m scared this will be me lmao, the iPhone so simple

I can without doubt say that the MacBook Pro is the best laptop I’ve ever owned ever!!! It’s so good, so fast, so simple, so clever, so intuitive and so down right awesome.
And I’ve had some big $ laptops before.

It’s just a winner
Definitely going to invest in a iMac in the new place and Apple TV on all the screens. So easy.

Ps... not ashamed to admit I’m not particularly tech savvy and don’t use any of the features of android, they’re too hard, too vast and too annoying for me. Give me a simple phone that does what I want. I would go back to a Nokia 3310 tbh if it made 3G calls and sent mms

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 8m 18d

Frederick may have convinced me to stick with the iPhone :pandalol: S8 has so many more features though :facepalm-hand:
One thing that would seriously piss me off on the S8 is that fingerprint reader location, im a big fan of it being integrated into the home button on iPhone. Have you guys seen this Samsung ad, so good 

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Have got the S8+ - more than happy with it

Went cold turkey off the Apple ecosystem when they decided to change adaptors (iPhone 4/5 era??)

Have got no desire to get sucked in again - 

Hopefully the no-audio jack thing is just a flash in the pan and doesn't take over and spread to mainstream going forward.

Fingerprint reader is in a stupid spot, but only use it for a couple of apps - am used to it

USB-C is newish, and not much uses it at the moment, but doesn't mean every other thing I used to use is instantly useless

If you're heavy into/rely on the Apple stuff, iTunes etc and just use the default apps then stick with what it works best with - if you prefer finding the app/tool/solution that works best for you then the S8 is fine.

I can wake up in the morning, not charge the phone, goto sleep that night and wake up the next day with the phone still having charge in it (unless I've used it heavily) - not sure how the iPhone copes with that.

Don't discount looking at some of the "lower tier" models either - 99.9% of the time you wouldn't even notice that you're using a $1K+ phone vs a $300 one

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

get the Samsung, you will never know if android is for you if yo don't

you can always go back to apple next fone upgrade

but know this: apple has 12.1% of the smart fone market

Android has 86.2%

As Rab just said, I have a perfectly good Motorola $300 fone, got fingerprint scanner etc, etc

• Like 1