The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

I'm currently lying in bed reading about how sqlite stores data types so I can get some freebies on an android phone game.

Seems hardly worth the effort lol. 

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

Keith's probably the one to talk to about C, but he doesn't play games.

Surely you can just buy some "tokens" so you don't have to talk to him?

• Haha 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d
14 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Time to engage {()} mode.

Kids are back tonight for more 18yo shenanigans.

In the loungeroom.

Just streamed this to the TV on repeat - am tipping they won't know how to turn it off.

Do I win?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d
18 hours ago, Rab said:

Same.

You could hold out a bit longer for the Corvette ;)

Just cant get on the mustang bandwagon either and boy I’ve tried to no avail 

and no matter how far they’re modified 

crash test ratings are always a weird thing to understand but when you breakdown the categories it’s clearer that a 36/36 isn’t always achievable for the like of simple things within the vehicle 

our new Prado missed a clear point due to the seatbelt warning device would cancel out after 2 minuets and STFU unlike most cars will beep on until the end of time 

pedestrian safety comes into it as well ...... yeh I’m not buying a car to keep pedestrians safe unfortunately and keeping the people in the cabin safe in the event of an accident is a bigger priority 

mind you a 2 star rating is a bit average as a general :ermm:

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

Isn't it just amazing how the powers that be in the States who had the final say on our car manufacturing industry, all of a sudden have opened up the flood gates to selling us right hook versions of cars they never were gonna bother sending over here. Kill a market that sells to itself, then flood it with a product that we have been denied for decades. Examples: Mustang camaro and corvette. Next will be the Hellcats.

Our manufacturing industries struggle, while there's are thriving. Hmmmm.

Obviously there are a lot of other factors such as our need and want to own SUV's and Soft roaders plus a massive push towards bigger and bigger size tradesmen ute's such as the Ranger.

So we now were left to buy unaffordable European sports luxury vehicles and Kia's and Hyundai's.

Which are slowly creeping past $50k the better spec'd vehicles.

A world gone mad....:rant2: My 2c's.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Yep I’ve done my bit for Australian manufacturing over the years buying and owning and delt with the fact that it might not have been the best but it really wasn’t far away from being very high spec vehicles but the government single handily crushed us being independent and self sufficient with lax import taxes and not enough funding in the right areas.... no handing both Ford and Expensive Daewoo millions of dollars wasn’t the answer but discounting at the consumer end would of been a better start, reduced local business tax, incentives for local production for who supplied the automotive industry could of not only saved but thrived a massive industry.... to late now

• Member For: 8y 11m 22d

And the imported cars that we might want to own aren't even cheap any more. Subaru Honda Mazda Nissan barely even have cheap cars any more and you wouldn't consider owning one of there small cars which are at the low end of the price range.

Now given the Santa Fe Hyundai is probably a good piece of kit but northwards of $55 k pfffft...get fook'd

In years to come when all of our rear wheel drive/ v8's and boosted 6's are piled high in wrecking yards it will be similar to Mad Max when purchasing your new car, scavenging the wastelands of car sales to find the last of the rear wheel beasts we came to love so much.

" the precious juice is in tanker "