The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Holiday? Here as a tourist or work? Misses or alone? Your car or hire car?

King Lake, Yarra Valley, Healesville would be a good half day trip. Drop into Healeseville Sanctuary if the misses is with you.

Great Ocean Road would be a fantastic day trip (if weather and time permits) - easily doable in a day and something to tick off the bucket list.

Mornington-Peninsula (my area) has some great back roads too - Arthurs Seat is definitely a fun hillclimb and some great views ;)

Yell out if you want to catch up for a beer or if you want to see if some of the crew are up for dinner (no pressure - we'll catch up with you on the Snowies Cruise now that the dates have been changed to accommodate you and weddings ;) )

edit: quick google link to the sort of route through Kinglake and Healesville that'd be a blast http://www.caradvice.com.au/510855/top-driving-roads-around-melbourne-kinglake-and-chum-creek/ 

If the day was going to be wet and I had to choose between GOR or the hills I'd go that one

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I'm bringing the g6 down, for a nice little holiday.

sunday arvo beers sound good rab and then Yarra valley or great ocean Monday I think, and really look forward to the snowiest cruise this year

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Excellent choice

Gives you the weekend for Pitlane and Shockworks to get the car up to scratch :)

Could definitely catch up for a beer Sunday arvo - where are you staying? (will probably be a place nearby that'd be great to catchup - will post in the Vic thread to see if anyone else wants to say hello)

You've been to Melb before haven't you? Know the deal with the tolls? And the speed cameras?

edit: if you wanted to drive back via the coast you could tie the Kingslake drive in with it (or it's just a hop, skip, jump to the Hume) - GOR is the other way, but also gets to the Hume.

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I do want some shockworks haha, a little pricey though. I want stock g6 suspension, I miss the comfiness

oaks on William is where we will be at 

and I've heard you guys are shocking at fines and all that jazz

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Nice - have a wander round the Queen Vic Market (just up the road from you) Sat or Sun arvo

How would a souvlaki (or gyros/kebab - whatever the foreigners call them) and beer sound for Sunday arvo? http://www.stalactites.com.au/ (only 3 or 4 blocks from you)

(it's a Melb institution for drunken 4am munchies, not a flash restaurant) 

Phone GPS with camera locations is pretty much required

Tom Tom has crowd/user triggered warnings for mobile speedtraps which is awesome.

Fixed cameras - keep under 3k's over or you're done

A few places have point-point speed detection too - Tom Tom phone app will let you know and tell you if you need to slow down.