The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Same here. I got an email last week. I've got a nbn dude fitting the wireless thingo to the roof next Monday.

It's gotta be better than the current congested adsl exchange here.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Half your luck - probably 18 months before I see anything here.

Cable keeps going ok - probably getting better as people closer by are switching to the NBN as they get it available, but some decent upload speeds will be good (100/4 means you notice when you need to upload anything)

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Not if uploads are capped at 4 rather than 40

edit:  oops - was giving them too much credit - it's 100/2, not 100/4 :(

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

People next door to my building must be spewing as I've been on FTTB NBN since March last year and they won't get anything until Jan - Jun 2019 currently.

Look at the purple on the right for North Perth when you do a look-up for the below address.

66 Cleaver Street, West Perth WA 6005

Planned | nbn™ Fibre to the curb (FTTC)

Planned availability: Jan-Jun 2019*

My heart dropped this morning when I first walked downstairs into our car park and saw nothing but black where my front wheel should be.

Bloody break dust nearly gave me a heart attack after seeing that Toyota with the stolen wheels yesterday.

Lucky I'm changing pad's next month when the service is due.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
8 hours ago, Rab said:

How does that compare to FTTH and FTTN? Any up/down sides?

just like FTTN, it puts the onus on the home owner to sort out their cabling so things can work the way they did before and for you to get a good service.

it is a far better technology because most of the existing copper lines are completely farked (duh). it will make fault finding way easier because the tech can simply test between the pit and your home when there is an issue.

I just got a huge contract for NBN through a sub-contractor for testing between the node and the home to find faults then I get to separately log them as a job to be fixed (and fix it at the same time).  how the hell is that cheaper? it's not. the money is decent too.

sorry to get political but the liberals screwed us hard core by trying to re use crap and it will cost us billions and billions of dollars. meanwhile NBNCo is misleading the public.

they even have the guts to say that ISP's aren't buying enough bandwidth, causing congestion issues....

Its like if water cost $10,000 a litre and when people complain the water corp tells you to simply buy more water.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

The simple fact of the matter is the Libs. originally tried to destroy the NBN and then when they realised it was actually needed, they came up with the Mixed Technology Mix (or as most people call it Malcolm's Terrible Mess).

The Libs. should be shot for how much they have stuffed up this once in a lifetime infrastructure project, all for the sake of the fact they aren't adult enough to admit that Labor was right and FTTP is the best way, so build it once, build it right.