The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
1 hour ago, Box stock T. said:

Back to reality for this little black duck,

Just spent six days in the NT fantastic time of year a perfect 33 degrees every day. Two days at Hidden Valley for the V8 supercars. A sh¡t loads drinking and eating, perfect mid winter getaway.

Got to see a chit loads of F18's (25-30 odd) at the raaf base at Darwin airport as we were taxing along the runway.

So cool.

Operation diamond storm ;)

Plenty of legacy and rhinos running from Tindal and darwin heading for DAWR for large formation offensives

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Morning all. Back to reality for me too. Flew back up to site for an 8 day swing yesterday. Was a good 5 weeks off, managed to get all the things done around the house that I wanted to (electrical work, painting, security door/screens and new blinds), so come back to work feeling pretty good about all that and a lot more relaxed. Will be nice coming home from work to a new house and one that feels like mine, as opposed to the tired old rental it felt like previously.

Sitting at my desk drinking a coffee is really making me look forward to my birthday, as the missus chipped in significantly to help me get the coffee machine I wanted for my 30th. I was originally looking at a different model, but then did a fair bit more research and settled on what I wanted and the missus was going to buy it for me, but when we went to look at them she was worried about the amount of bench space having the machine and separate grinder was going to take up (we have pretty limited bench space as it is)...so ended up stepping it up a notch again and getting one of these:

bes980bks_bop_hero.jpg 

https://www.breville.com.au/purchase-the-oracle-4139.html

It's all the advantages of having a fully manual espresso machine (I.e. ability to make amazing tasting coffee), with the convenience and consistency of an auto. Can make 2 cappuccinos in 90 seconds and it even has a timer to turn on ready for when I wake up. Had a coffee made from it in the shops and I was hugely impressed, it was right up there with one of the best coffees I've had from a cafe.

They've brought out a newer version that has a touchscreen and is slightly more automated...but for an extra $1,000 I couldn't justify it, plus it didn't come in black like this one.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Morning all. Back to reality for me too. Flew back up to site for an 8 day swing yesterday. Was a good 5 weeks off, managed to get all the things done around the house that I wanted to (electrical work, painting, security door/screens and new blinds), so come back to work feeling pretty good about all that and a lot more relaxed. Will be nice coming home from work to a new house and one that feels like mine, as opposed to the tired old rental it felt like previously.

Sitting at my desk drinking a coffee is really making me look forward to my birthday, as the missus chipped in significantly to help me get the coffee machine I wanted for my 30th. I was originally looking at a different model, but then did a fair bit more research and settled on what I wanted and the missus was going to buy it for me, but when we went to look at them she was worried about the amount of bench space having the machine and separate grinder was going to take up (we have pretty limited bench space as it is)...so ended up stepping it up a notch again and getting one of these:

bes980bks_bop_hero.jpg 

https://www.breville.com.au/purchase-the-oracle-4139.html

It's all the advantages of having a fully manual espresso machine (I.e. ability to make amazing tasting coffee), with the convenience and consistency of an auto. Can make 2 cappuccinos in 90 seconds and it even has a timer to turn on ready for when I wake up. Had a coffee made from it in the shops and I was hugely impressed, it was right up there with one of the best coffees I've had from a cafe.

They've brought out a newer version that has a touchscreen and is slightly more automated...but for an extra $1,000 I couldn't justify it, plus it didn't come in black like this one.

have the exact same machine at home! I only drink nescrappe but misses loves her coffee and this machine

Edited by MBAF
  • Like 1