The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 14y 6m 3d
Far out man I ordered a 5 pack of usb to micro usb CHARGING cables last week. They finally turned up and only one of them can charge over 1 amp. The other 4 only show 400 to 500 mA.

Hmmf :yikes: 

Who did you order them throught?

Unless it's urgent - like needed today - I've been ordering all my cables from a site called CableChick since 2015, as they always seem to be the cheapest for brand name cables from Comsol etc. Plus they always have had stock & decent shipping times & charges.

I've been bitten by cheap cables before, hence why I tend to stick with Comsol etc. now.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I ordered them through an ebay seller.

It's not urgent as I have a few working cables already but with the kids wrestling with their tablets etc we do use them up.

I only paid $7.95 for 5 of them so I was probably lucky that one of them worked.

I asked the seller to send me some working cables and they just this second replied that they will refund me. Happy days.

I've got CableChick open in a tab now so I'll give them a try.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

I used to use cheap micro usb cables and not really care - big deal if you get the odd dud and I'm usually charging overnight. But with usb c devices now charging up to 5A I haven't been brave enough to buy cheap cables.