The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d
11 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Grrr that sh*t makes me mad cos my 2 year old rides her electric motorbike on the driveway in our front yard.

I said I sold my car cause I couldn't resist giving it wide open throttle but I just wana clarify I never gave it sh*t on streets like what are pictured.

only on far wider roads.

and for those saying its a nice car, its just a b series falcon and even though mine had tens of thousands spent on it and was in good condition, they're still horribly assembled so the metal will all rust out making them probably more valuable if they survive a long time (rarer) but also making them destined for the rubbish dump.

look on gumtree, nobody wants them. mine sold fast but it was a guy who contacted me as soon as the ad went up and a week or two later he ended up buying it (I pretty much got the top end of redbook value) first to see and only one of a few to contact me. when I bought it I was the first and only one to see it too. I looked at over 10 of them and was a similar story all round.

that being said, will probably get one of the last FGs one day....once I own (or paying off) the garage that it'll be parked in!

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 7y 6m 2d
5 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Question I need to ask myself is do I use my Qantas points to upgrade to Business class for the trip...hmmm. I originally had to use a voucher from some flights I'd cancelled previously, so it had to be as expensive or greater than the vouchers worth...so, given the time of year, I had to book non-direct flights. So I've got like a 2hr stop-over in Adelaide on the way over and 1hr on the way back. Would cost me 60,000 points...which I just earned in bonus introductory points for a new credit card. Decisions decision...

What status tier are you? If you have some o/s trips coming up I'd save them to upgrade on those. Usually if you are silver or below (sometimes even gold or below) you don't even come close to getting an upgrade.

For the shorter trips if you have lounge access I wouldn't worry about it. Its only 5/6+ hour trips the extra legroom really comes in handy IMO.

14 hours ago, MBAF said:

Yeah 50k/hr. I wasnt there but speed and being a dumb kent. I have no sympathy for her at all. She is a complete tard when it comes to being behind the wheel. 

Witnesses say she was seen doing skids on the same street

No one was hurt which is a plus

Just because ya can finance a car and post pics on a Facebook page doesn't mean you can handle a car. Takes years of "whoa that was close" moments to find ya limit.

Also there is no excuses or justification for doing what she was in a populated area with little kids playing near by.

Not till you have children of your own do you take these thing into consideration.

We're all young once but not all are stupid farkn morons, there the special ones.

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d
44 minutes ago, ROB83R said:

Secret life of pets here till 5 when it's cooler then off to the beach. 

The girls are sleeping and the boys have their tablets. 

I don't know about you but that means peanut butter puffwagon time. :gaysex:

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d
1 hour ago, ML24 said:

What status tier are you? If you have some o/s trips coming up I'd save them to upgrade on those. Usually if you are silver or below (sometimes even gold or below) you don't even come close to getting an upgrade.

For the shorter trips if you have lounge access I wouldn't worry about it. Its only 5/6+ hour trips the extra legroom really comes in handy IMO.

If it was just a straight flight I wouldn't really consider it, but given I've got the stop-overs the lounge access would be nice. That's a fair point...I'm only bronze status, so possibly wouldn't get it anyway. Haven't really got any big O/S trips planned in the near future or anything either.

Edit: Turns out there's none available anyway...meh.

Edited by .Stripes.