KEN 24T

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Pics of dark and angry?

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d
Morning Brendo! Good to have you back mate.

How's the new/old job going since you started the thread in the DM section? How's your house going? Before you disappeared you started to post up reno's you were doing.

Hey dude.. new job almost been in it for a year.. going great.. its definitely easier on the body since I dont have to take work home with me..

House is good.

Cant remember what I posted up last time.. But I have cut down almost all the bigger trees in the yard.. Cleared nearly 400m2 of garden beds.. Got an application underway to build a new shed at the bottom of the block, going for 12.0m x 7.5m with 3.3m to the eaves. Aiming to build a granny flat in one end of it.
Existing 6mx6m shed will be removed and hopefully that area (nice and flat) will be turned into a pool/outdoor entertaining area.

Once the granny flat is done my plan is to live in that while knocking over some big renos on the house. My application to council to go up another story was rejected, then I also got knocked back on a relaxation of the boundary clearance requirements. So since I am on a corner block, but the house is positioned like a diamond (not parallel faces to boundaries) so the north and eastern points are at minimum offset to boundary, I have NFI what I am going to do with it. Did contemplate knocking the whole I <3 Bananasing lot down and starting again..
Thinking of extending it off the south western face but stepping the structure down, split level kinda thing to follow the lay of the land. However the western aspect is very exposed and gets damn hot in summer.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
59 minutes ago, Never had any say Panda said:

Did contemplate knocking the whole I <3 Bananasing lot down and starting again..

If I could do my reno all over again I would start by raising it to the ground 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Howdy Never had any say Panda.

That sucks about how your house is positioned.

It kind of sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one side you want to improve your dwelling and the other side it seems you are pushing sh*t uphill.

I feel the same about my house for different reasons. It is very old and could do with $50k to $70k spent on it with me doing most of the work to make it more than just a roof over my head.

I would be lucky to break even if I knocked it down and rebuilt, and if I spent the money to fix it I would come out in front slightly.

Sometimes it is better to look for something more suitable.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
>Hey dude.. new job almost been in it for a year.. going great.. its definitely easier on the body since I dont have to take work home with me..

House is good.

Cant remember what I posted up last time.. But I have cut down almost all the bigger trees in the yard.. Cleared nearly 400m2 of garden beds.. Got an application underway to build a new shed at the bottom of the block, going for 12.0m x 7.5m with 3.3m to the eaves. Aiming to build a granny flat in one end of it.
Existing 6mx6m shed will be removed and hopefully that area (nice and flat) will be turned into a pool/outdoor entertaining area.

Once the granny flat is done my plan is to live in that while knocking over some big renos on the house. My application to council to go up another story was rejected, then I also got knocked back on a relaxation of the boundary clearance requirements. So since I am on a corner block, but the house is positioned like a diamond (not parallel faces to boundaries) so the north and eastern points are at minimum offset to boundary, I have NFI what I am going to do with it. Did contemplate knocking the whole I Thinking of extending it off the south western face but stepping the structure down, split level kinda thing to follow the lay of the land. However the western aspect is very exposed and gets damn hot in summer.
Sounds like you've been busy! Glad the new job has worked out for you, was no good how stressed you were getting previously. Has your health improved with the change in pace too?

Shame about the shape of your block being as restrictive as it is. Have to keep us updated in the house/renos thread as you figure out what you're going to do.
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I've had a decent lump appear on my neck over the last 2 months. 

After 2 weeks I accidentally scratched it and it bled for over half an hour. 

I patched it up and from nothing it turned into a half cc protuberance.

I got it removed today under local.

I'll find out soon if it is benign or not. 

Edited by Puffwagon
Today being yesterday.