The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

:digowngrave: I've been awake all night. The first half was with the baby and then I stayed up to feed and entertain the other kids when they woke up this morning. 

I did a bunch of housework as well so the wife could have a sleep in and have an easy day today. 

I'm stuffed so I'll see you all in 4 to 8 hours.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 6m 7d

Sadly I know a few people who would buy this just because they are sad vain people that always buy useless tech for the look at me factor:

http://www.windowscentral.com/dumbest-stuff-we-found-ces-2017

You know what's better than a shower that turns on unfailingly with hot, pressurized water? Nothing, but Moen thought it could improve the shower anyway.

U by Moen is a "smart shower" that promises to help you "shower like never before." If you're wondering what that means, it apparently means controlling your shower with a smartphone app. The app lets you set a timer for your shower (because I definitely want my shower telling me when it's time to get out, not the other way around), features a start and stop control (make sure your device is water resistant!), lets you control the temperature so you can get it just right, and notifies you when your shower has reached the perfect preset temperature (because we're all brewing coffee and tea with our shower water?).

The U by Moen requires a custom installation that starts at $1200 and the whole thing connects over WiFi. Because we all need a WiFi connected shower. We definitely need that. Yep. Def

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 6m 7d

I'm just thinking about how much it will cost to fix when the warranty expires, there's too many gadgets that can go wrong by the looks of it.

Then again looking at that bathroom, someone has money.