RSpec293

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 8m 28d

White is the best looking colour I reckon.

I don't really understand people paying big money for Beamers and Mercs either...at the end of the day they are just glorified granges and G220's IMO. I know they are 100 times better but still.....

On the other hand I can understand paying for a Porsche, Ferrari etc....then you are paying for all the technology and exclusivity etc.....

The new C55 merc looks the goods though for the coin!

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d

I went from a GT-P to a Typhoon and never looked back.

Well that is not 100% true, I did look back a couple of times to try and see where the V8s were but they were too far behind......

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 24d

When buying a new car there are 2 factors I think ultimately sway the decision of the average buyer.

#1 the budget restrictions

#2 the status

Reliability, efficiency, power, comfort, gadgets, warranty etc are all a factor, but secondary to the abovementioned two points. Budget is obvious, but when I refer to status, I'm talking about it in a general sense - ie. how it makes you feel when you're in it.

Ford could develop a technically superior car to Mercedes and you'd still get people forking out $200k for the latest Merc because of the perceived exclusivity and prestige. It may not be a luxurious, reliable, efficient, powerful or comfortable, but people feel good rolling around in a car that they think people admire. Everyone rolls in social groups and the vast majority of people want to keep up with the Jones' - whether they like to admit it or not.

That's why I bought a Turbo Territory - cause I look f*cking cool! :tonguepoke:

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 3d
Farkin hope so! As soon as I have the cash it's down to Nizpro we go, but I'm saving for our 6 week trip to Europe in December, so it's making it's way down the list unfortunately!

Who is looking after the R-Spec while your away :tonguepoke:

• 2 months later...