My Ba N/a To Turbo Project

RC 597

Awsome work. Your the king of DIY.

I have a Super Charger kit on Ebay right now, don't let anyone see how little the cost of a Turbo convertion is or I'll have this Blower for ever.

Congrates on a top effort and a strong result. :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 3m 30d

hey, I also have all my turbo conversion parts ready to go, I just want to know how to change the map sensor, and did u car start and run fine as soon as the conversion was complete? would I be able to run for a cple of weeks on low psi untill I get it flash tuned. thanks

• Member For: 16y 11m 21d

Ok guys I had the car tuned @ HPF thursday the 21/02/2008. The first thing that became apparent was the standard injectors were on the small side. Given I was only in melbourne for the day only I made the decision to re-book the car for the following wednesday, to have some BOSCH 42lb injectors and a walbro 255ltr/hr pump fitted.

The end result was 222.3RWKW on 9 psi of boost and I could not be happier. The car has way more mid-range punch than my old gen-3 and is nicer to drive than when it was N/A. Well done to the guys at HPF.

post-11722-1204695185_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2005 BA MK11 turbo
  • Member For: 18y 3m 14d

I did this to my 2 yrs ago and still runs like a dream im now running 10 psi I dont have a dyno figure as yet but when it was running 6 psi it ran 238rwkw so with the new injectors and fuel pump and 10 psi itd be good to see what shes running now

mate great work on yours looks neat as

I did this to my 2 yrs ago and still runs like a dream I'm now running 10 psi I dont have a dyno figure as yet but when it was running 6 psi it ran 238rwkw so with the new injectors and fuel pump and 10 psi itd be good to see what shes running now

mate great work on yours looks neat as

Sounds good. mine is making 222rwkw on 10 psi, if I lower the comp ratio it would make more power,had the same problem when I put a GT45R on my Gen 3 VT SS.With this power level it is really starting to tax the driveline in my ute. One week after getting the car tuned the box started to whine very loudly. I thought is was bearing noise, but it turned out to be the hard facing onthe input and cluster gearset was getting worn off by the tourqe of the engine. I had the box rebuilt only to have it destroy 3RD gear and then the rest of the box 3 days after the rebuild. Note to the people who want to do this conversion= use an auto as the std T5 is way to weak.

Cheers RC

• Like 1

hey, I also have all my turbo conversion parts ready to go, I just want to know how to change the map sensor, and did u car start and run fine as soon as the conversion was complete? would I be able to run for a cple of weeks on low psi untill I get it flash tuned. thanks

The map sensor is located on the intake manifold,directly under the throttle body.I didn't change this until the car was tuned.

The car ran fine straight after the con version was complete. But no more than psi of boost,anymore and it will be lean.

I ran my car without tuning for about a month without any problems,