Circuit Racing

sixfan

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d
On 6/28/2017 at 2:41 PM, nelsonian101 said:

I had a Fenix for a while but it died in a crash and they no longer make them for FG (BF ok with different mounts)

Thanks, I looked up Fenix radiators and it seems they do a 28mm standard, 32mm 'heavy duty' and 42mm 'performance' radiators for the FG. I don't really want to go to the effort of changing this IC out for something smaller so the PWR radiator is not going to be an option, but 42mm could work... pretty bloody tight in there though.

Even though the tune I was running was supposed to be a track tune, I might get another one done with much lower boost. No point running a tune that the cooling system can't handle for more than a few minutes.. reminds me of the hours wasted overclocking PCs...

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

The 42 mm is an average radiator, has the wrong condenser mounts and mine started leaking within a year

Their 32mm rad uses the same end tanks as the OEM rad and fist up easily.

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d

thanks for the tip, if the OE one is 26mm I'd wonder about a 42mm fitting anyway as there isn't much space to the belt pulleys as it sits now. I might look into getting a custom one made, could possibly get better efficiency without it having to be heaps thicker than stock. Or just swap the IC out for a plazmaman or something, but that would be a shame.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, furiousgibbon said:

Thanks, I looked up Fenix radiators and it seems they do a 28mm standard, 32mm 'heavy duty' and 42mm 'performance' radiators for the FG. I don't really want to go to the effort of changing this IC out for something smaller so the PWR radiator is not going to be an option, but 42mm could work... pretty bloody tight in there though.

Even though the tune I was running was supposed to be a track tune, I might get another one done with much lower boost. No point running a tune that the cooling system can't handle for more than a few minutes.. reminds me of the hours wasted overclocking PCs...

A richer tune helps cooling too. Lean AFR's gain power, but useless on a hot circuit.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d

There an easy 34 there next time.

Not sure I'm any where near Warren Luffs pace on Trofeo's and massive brakes. :) , but it gives an indication of my car's potential.

Have no dought he would put it around in a 32.

Edited by nelsonian101
  • Like 2