Paint Overspray On My Car

NVYDF6

• Built F6 & VE SS-V
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m

Today I parked my car at work, and in the morning there was a painter marking this wall near where my car was parked. I asked him if I should move my car, he said no we won't get that far and asured me it would be fine. :fool:

At around 4pm I then get a call from reception telling me my car has paint on it :blink: . I walk outside and find these painters with a bucket and an old rag trying to rub paint overspray off my car :censored:

I lost it, I was cracking the sh*ts in front on my boss and everyone wasn't good. I left work straight away and called final inspection and booked it in to get a stage 2 detail, (but I have to wait 3 f*kn weeks)

I then went to the car wash across the road and used the high pressure spray and removed around 90% of the paint as it is 'arcrylic paint' or water base paint.

There is still heaps of paint on my seals and paint on my rim and little bits on my car. Such a f*k around, I took all their details down and they said they will pay for it, just a pain in the ass though.

awell sh*t happens, should be able to get it all off, hopefully...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d

Should have just walked up flopped ya wang out and started pissin on the wall...if they asked you to stop say no I probably wont get that far.....

Hindsight I know but atleast it would have put a smile on your gob... :blink:

Thats fcked of course the stupid question is why didnt he just say yes in the first place, what were the using to get over spray that far....

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 11m 15d

what I hate about these situations, is you know dam well, some people are cleary morons. so your naturally corsus. especialy with your pride and joy.you get asurred it will be fine. and somehow. the s%it still happens. it never ceaces to amaze me. then there is all the incovenience, of getting it fixed. because some dump monkey should have been corsus, and said. yeah mate think that would be a good idea .(to move the car)

• Built F6 & VE SS-V
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m

They were just spraying a wall and because the wind picked up while the apprentice was spraying, all the overspray was flying directly into my car. and it got about 6 other cars, but mine copped it the worse as it was on the very end.

I just wished I would have listened to my self and moved it instead of asking the damn painter. I cannot believe that there are people out there that just have no idea about common sense.

I walked out & lost it when I saw them trying to rub the paint off with the old rag and water, just making it worse!

yeah I was really lucky that it was water base paint and came off fairly easily, and Damien at final inspection told me it shouldn't be a problem to get it all off. I hope he is right

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 24d

Ouch!

You're lucky bro. I would have kicked him in the nuts and said:

"That's as close a feeling as you can have to what I feel right now!"

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 8d

Clay bar will get it off no worries mate. Just a bit of elbow grease needed and a clay detailing bar. Ive used the 3M ones. Make sure you re wax your car afterwards though.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Screw pissin on the wall, find the dickheads car and go to town on it. I'd be gettin the most exspensive detail I can find too :stirthepot: