Gone To The Dark Side

dean.humphries

• Member For: 20y 11m 10d

Hi,

Bought my XR6T back in Dec 2003, 119,1000 km later, I traded it for a Expensive Daewoo SS at the end of November 2007.

Main reason for the great leap to the other side?.

Neither the XR6 turbo or the alternative of an XR8 would tow my boat which weighs 1.9 tonnes on the trailer. :msm:

Picture of new car and boat attached

cya guys

post-1061-1200737391_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 9d

Hey buddy, congrats on the new car, better get those mods up pretty quick, or us Turbos are guna eat you alive! wait wait, wouldnt a stock T eat a VE SS anyway? :msm:

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d

Well you should have bought a Turbo Territory.

Easy choice if you want to tow a boat.

Brian

• Member For: 20y 11m 10d
Well you should have bought a Turbo Territory.

Easy choice if you want to tow a boat.

Brian

Sorry - never been a fan of the Territory. Or any SUV for that matter

Nice boat. However I hate the rims on the SS. Love the Maloo's though :bomb:

How is the ride, coming out of a XR6T to a SS?

Dorko

The XR6T as you know is a heavy car, and you certainly get feedback through the tyres as to whats going on between you and the road.

The SS is somewhat lighter, and it masks the road feel. Given the poor condition of our roads over here in Northland (New Zealand) I'm still in two minds as to whether this is a good thing or bad thing.

But with quad exhausts - it does sound great launching off on heavy throttle.

:stupid:

SS's are OK, though that weird glo-in-the-dark purple color is not great.

Well?. This is the new 'Kapow' colour. In bright sunshine it is a deep blue (bit like shockwave). However in overcast conditions it goes mauve, and at night it does look purple. The colour I hope you are putting down - is holdens 'morpheous'. That is a real candy purple.

:gtfo2:

haha, jokes aside, hope you enjoy your new toys, and we'll be seing ya soon

... real soooonn...

I'm sure I'll be back. We still have our ford ute alongside the SS in the garage.

• Member For: 17y 11m 13d

Nice setup, and, I just luv the color - seems I have to back down on the female ferromones I am taking [/joke]

Enjoy the setup, and please give us feedback - I would be keen to know how you find the handling of the car without towing anything.

The greatest disappointment in my life is the fact that my F6 has live axle in the rear, I am so envious of those Expensive Daewoo UTE's suspension setup.

At least Ford could have considered something better than this oxcart setup for a performance vehicle.

But, I digress.

Have fun!

Edited by MrBean

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 13d
Sorry - never been a fan of the Territory. Or any SUV for that matter

The XR6T as you know is a heavy car, and you certainly get feedback through the tyres as to whats going on between you and the road.

The SS is somewhat lighter, and it masks the road feel. Given the poor condition of our roads over here in Northland (New Zealand) I'm still in two minds as to whether this is a good thing or bad thing.

But with quad exhausts - it does sound great launching off on heavy throttle.

Well?. This is the new 'Kapow' colour. In bright sunshine it is a deep blue (bit like shockwave). However in overcast conditions it goes mauve, and at night it does look purple. The colour I hope you are putting down - is holdens 'morpheous'. That is a real candy purple.

I'm sure I'll be back. We still have our ford ute alongside the SS in the garage.

Eh? The VE Late model camira weighs more than a BF Falcon old chap. I believe an SS weighs about 60-80kg more. My XR6T weighs 1700kg precisely. Look up your VE SS weight on the web, its about 1780 if I recall correctly...