Central Qld

12FEAR

• Member For: 16y 8m
you should find out from your wrx friends which way they go??

straight out from calliope to kroombit tops or do they go to nagooring, ubobo, manypeaks.

no worries I will do that. I might have to bring a few of them along? looks like not many takers here!!!! plus it would be fun to give those boys a spankin on some of those long stretches.....

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d
yeah the manypeaks Trip would be awesome.. I take that road at least once a week.. my folks live near there.. the road has just been rebuilt completely from calliope nearly and there is a nice little town called ubobo whith a general store.. I would organsie this if you wanted to meet at gladstone or calliope .. I've seent he wrx boys go through on weekends when I'm at my folks place..

Excellent road nice and windy in some parts and plenty of places to stretch as well...

Is that the boyne valley road that was re-aligned when they expanded the awoonga dam? Sounds like great fun! :spoton:

Make it the week after christmas and I'll be there. :buttrock:

• Member For: 16y 11m 6d
Is that the boyne valley road that was re-aligned when they expanded the awoonga dam? Sounds like great fun! :spit:

Make it the week after christmas and I'll be there. :idunno:

Yep Tab, its a great drive now and will be even better when the dam is fuller. Lots of car clubs and motorcycle clubs come out that way on weekends and stop in at the little shop at Uboob..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 3d
Hey mate! I'm relatively new to this, still waiting on delivery of my new XR turbo, but I'm in Blackwater. Seems to be a lot of turbo's around here hey! I'll give you blokes a heads up when I get everything sorted. Cruising is always fun ;) There is certainly bugger all in terms of nice drives out here though :S

Welcome Joey. Your right about the roads around Blackwater. I live in Moranbah and it is not much better here.

• Member For: 16y 11m 6d
Welcome Joey. Your right about the roads around Blackwater. I live in Moranbah and it is not much better here.

I lived in emerald the previous 5yrs to here.. nothing but flat straight roads lol...

• Member For: 16y 6m 15d

Lol yeah, its great isnt it :S And now that they have decided to do roadworks between here and Emerald, it takes a nice hour or so to get there instead of the old 40 mins. Maybe at least after the roadworks the road wont be like a goat track from outer Mongolia... Good to hear there are a few enthusiasts in the area though! Just got rid of my hilux, the need for speed was just too strong haha! Should have the new rig in about 2 weeks. You guys got any advice of places to get work done? I'm leaning towards a custom tune pretty soon after getting it... Hijacking the thread sorry!!

• Member For: 16y 8m
Lol yeah, its great isnt it :S And now that they have decided to do roadworks between here and Emerald, it takes a nice hour or so to get there instead of the old 40 mins. Maybe at least after the roadworks the road wont be like a goat track from outer Mongolia... Good to hear there are a few enthusiasts in the area though! Just got rid of my hilux, the need for speed was just too strong haha! Should have the new rig in about 2 weeks. You guys got any advice of places to get work done? I'm leaning towards a custom tune pretty soon after getting it... Hijacking the thread sorry!!

either brisso or mackay are the nearest places that do custom tunes im leanin towards mackay, talked to blueboost he sounds the goods.....pm him.