10psi Tune And Wheelspin

Boony_1981

• Member For: 17y 1m 6d

Does anyone know if there is a way that a tuner can tune the boost so that it gradually comes onto boost at around 2500rpm and then goes up to full boost (rather than all boost coming on in one big lump at 3000rpm)?

At the moment I'm running a 10psi tune with 259rwkw and as soon as the car hits 3000rpm in first and second gear all I get it a large amount of wheelspin. The stock dunlop tyres probably don't help either.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d

with a generic capa 10psi my kuhmo ku19's hold on (probably around 240rwkw) when it comes on boost. I actually thought the dunlops had pretty good grip, so your tune must be brutal!

yes, a tuner can fix that btw.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

if its a generic, that's probably the reason, I used to have a 10psi tune at 270-odd kw that would build to around 10psi by 2750rpm with not alot of wheelspin, the tuner can change how aggressive the actuator "actuates"

• Member For: 18y 8m 16d

I had mine tuned that way, I didn't want it stepping out on the missus if she gave it too much. Just tell you tuner how you want and they will do it, providing they listen to you of course. My tune is more progressive in adding boost and max's out at 9PSI and still pulls harder than a 14yr old school boy. It is also kinder to the driveline, although my clutch has still crapped itself but we all know what factory clutches can take.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 9d

You could get a soft tune to reduce power down low but then your stuck with it in 3rd, 4th ect... just learn to drive it without wheenspining... easy on the gas till its over 4000.

I dont mind wheel spinning past HSVs as they try to drag me hehe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4d

if you were to get an electronic boost controller you could use the gain control to adjust how hard the boost comes on.

mine has gain and spike stop controls, using the gain spike stop and overboost settings you can totally adjust your boost curve.

• Member For: 16y 11m 16d

if I put my foot into it the tyres will fry as mentioned above on a 10 psi tune. I like to give it a squirt every now and then but most times ill just cruise around.

Ern