86gav

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skrema
  • Guests
Morning guys,

Just sold another set, only one left. PM me if anyone else wants this set. I'll bring them all down on Friday.

Trav

So from reading this thread im getting the idea that these are a must.... How much stronger are they? I have a manual and I never do hard launches or flick the cluth to spin the wheels in gear so am I safe to assume these would last a fairly long time in my case?

Also how hard are they to fit?

Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 21d

They look more robust, but only time and hard launches will tell, @ $300 dollars a set you cant go wrong, considering the ford ones are about $800 each and look flimsy compared to these units.

Fitting them is a piece of piss if you have some mechanical knowledge, you'd also want to have a rattle gun a 35mm socket,

I can wright a detailed step by step if required.

Pete

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 20d
They look more robust, but only time and hard launches will tell, @ $300 dollars a set you cant go wrong, considering the ford ones are about $800 each and look flimsy compared to these units.

Fitting them is a piece of piss if you have some mechanical knowledge, you'd also want to have a rattle gun a 35mm socket,

I can wright a detailed step by step if required.

Pete

I have started another tread for the sale of the CV's and will stop high jacking yours.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry604972

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

The most obvious symptom is not going anywhere :Welcome2FordXR6t:

Can't imagine them effecting the steering a great deal if they're on the way out.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 5m 8d

I've just gone thru the painful process of repairing a bent axle on a ute. The axle was bent after bumping a gutter upon a swift, and spectacular I might add, exit from a round-a-bout. The car was driveable, however there was an annoying squeak noticeable as the brake caliper was pulled back and forth with the 'wobble' of the axle.

Ford wanted upwards of $650 for a new axle (pfffttttt), and my next best option at the time was to have a new one machined from some form of 'blank' axle template at a cost of around $450, and there was a bit of a lead time sourcing one with a 30 spline.

After more investigation I found a mob called D&R differentials in Sydney who were able to straighten the axle for around $100. I freighted the axle from newcastle and had it returned 2 days later. I have refitted the axle to the car with a new bearing/seal and all is well and good. (Total cost of about $210)

Hope this saves anyone with a similar problem a bit of coin. Up yours to fords parts department.

Cheers

• 1 month later...