My Ute Body Trailer/camper

naddis01

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 28d

Well I found a couple more photos of of the set up on my mob and I thought I may as well add them. So here they are....

NewImage4.jpg

NewImage6.jpg

They photo of the tent was taken after the first or second time we set it up so it looks a little messy. I will get a couple of the inside when I get the tent back. When I got it made the guy ran out of blue and had to use green canvas for one section, so he as changing that over at the moment. I also broke a spring the other day on the trailer with a load of sand so I also have to fix that when I get a chance.

Edited by naddis01

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

mate before you get all excited selling it can you take a photo of the chassis setup on it cause I might make one out of my Fg Xr8 back if I remove it.. Is it heavy to push around ? more so tha a box trailer.. it just seems a waste to throw it when my box trailer is looking tired.. If I did do it everyone would think I was a Expensive Daewoo man cause boy do I treat my trailer bad hehehehe

cheers utemad

• Member For: 17y 28d

Hi mate

Its not all that heavy to move around. I can move it myself quite easily. I think from memory it weighs around 300kg but I could be wrong.

To be honest it would probably be cheaper for you to buy mine and swap the tubs then sell the BA tub. I would assume it would be basically a straight swap for the tubs. Are you from NSW? If so do you know it will cost you about $500 to get a new trailer registered for the first time. Probably more now. It took me a couple of days just to get the rego sorted. If you are to build one you have to find wheels (prob $400+ depending on what you get), all the steel, axle, hubs, springs, time, wiring, jack, tool box, weigh bridge ticket, blue slip, rego etc etc.

If you bought mine you could probably have it setup as an FG for $900 depending on what you get for the BA tub. Mine comes with rego until the end of june.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...