Water Problem Under Glove Box

Mike85

• Member For: 16y 7m 25d

hey all,

just wondering if anyone knows what this problem could be, yesterday was pretty hot so I had my AC going. Then I noticed water dropping down from the glovebox area onto the floor mat on the passenger side of the vehicle. (LHF)

I turned the AC off and after a little bit the water stopped dropping. I also washed the car a little earlier that day as well.

Any info would be much appreciated.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 16d

The drain hose sits directly above the gearbox to the left of it actually, it protrudes thru the tunnel a couple inches back from your firewall, use some coat hanger wire to unblock it.

good luck with it

Pete..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m

How about water coming out from the centre console and dripping down to the drivers feet?

I went for a 2 hour drive and had the air-con on the whole way. About an hour into the drive I took a hard left hand corner and a river of water came from the centre console and dripped out onto my feet for about 15 seconds and then stopped. I got out and checked that the air-con drain was not blocked because it was dripping out a steady rate onto the road. Same thing happened on the 2 hour drive back home too.

Any suggestions?....Other than not taking hard left hand corners anymore and not using the air-con anymore! :shocked:

• 2 years later...