Racing A Typhoon In Australian Performance Car Championship

thebrunks

• Member For: 19y 9m 8d

Righto, I have decided to give this a crack.

I currently run a businees based on the Gold Coast called Race Car Leasing, have a look at our website www.racecarleasing.com

I have been a member on here for years & have so far owned 3 XR6 Turbos.

I am going to build an XR6 (or maybe 2) into a typhoon for the purposes of racing the the Australian Performance Car Championship & the Bathurst 12 Hour ( Not tha I think we can win at Bathurst)

What I need to know is what exact differences there are between an BA XR6 turbo & a BF MKII Typhoon.

Thanks

Russ

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 11d

I think it would probably be alot cheaper to modify a xr6 turbo by installing typhoon engine parts in it rather than purchasing a new typhoon altogether? :finger:

Edited by EXRLNT

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 15d

Well going by the title he said racing typhoons, I thought he was going to mock it up like a phoon? so body parts would be the same, same price anyway, but I agree a modded T would be cheaper but it aint going to be a typhoon.

• Member For: 19y 9m 8d
Well going by the title he said racing typhoons, I thought he was going to mock it up like a phoon? so body parts would be the same, same price anyway, but I agree a modded T would be cheaper but it aint going to be a typhoon.

They do not have to be a complied Typhoon.

I need to build to Typhoon spec, which is way cheaper than just buying one or 2.

In fact try at least $20,000 per car cheaper.if not more. To me a Typhoon is over priced & to build to that spec in race trim can be done a lot cheaper.

Also building the car is half the battle, having a decent steerer (which I have) is another battle. There are race car drivers & then there are true professionals. Luckily I have probably the best driver available in Qld currently racing for me.

thanks

Russ

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

I suppose it depends on the power you want, I assume the suspension will be changed, so there goes that difference, wheels and body kit are the big looks thing, you can get typhoon power out of a BA engine quite easily, its just an edit away, the clutch will need changing to a comp spec unit, I'm also assuming that you will strip the interior so what that looks like means nothing, and you'll need good brakes, is there anything else that you need to do?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 27d

when you say typhoon spec I assume you are going to change the engine right? not just run 9psi through the ba motor.

dont you also have to use motec for datalogging?