Mountin Bikes

Iconic Bionic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 1d

Im looking at getting into Mountain biking, some off-road trails and mostly the road. So far ive found the Giant Rincon at $595 to be what im kinda after but I dont mind spending some more cash for a better bike. It has front suspension only but with disc brakes and shimano 27 speed gear set.

Any websites around that I can read some reviews cuz I havnt bought a bike in 15 years.

Im in Sydney also, so if any of you have any connections feel free to pass them on. And I love paying cash.

Im not going to get into it too serious just yet, just weekend stuff and some riding up and down the M5 and M7 motorways.

Thanks heaps

I.B.

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 17d

I just bought a MB here in WA. I bought it from the franchise The Bicycle Entrepreneur (TBE).

I had a choice of two that I liked. There was a giant or there home brand TBE. The frames come out of the same factory but I actually like the TBE design better and it was lighter. Both bikes come with shimano disc brakes, shimano running gear and front suspension.

Both of the bikes were $499. Great price for a bike with the options.

I ended up buying:

Helmet $80

Small pouch that attaches to the bottom of the seat $20

Bottle holder $11

I paid a total of $560.

Also they give 12 months free servicing.

I wanted a bike for the same reasons as you and this was perfect.

Only have to wait for the weather to clear up so that I can try it out properly.

Cheers

Adrian

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d

Mongoose Amasa Comp , might be a bit hard core for what you want but an awful lot of bike for less than a grand.

• Team Velocity
  • Member For: 19y 6m 23d
That's a pretty cool looking bike :sofa:

Yeah ive just gota get of my arse and ride it ,when it finaly stops raining down here .

The gear changes are so quick and smooth.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Giant offer excellent bikes for the money. I just purchased myself a brand new MTB, cost me 2K, disc brakes all round, Rock Shox Reba Race air adjust front forks, im very happy with it!

Specialized are excellent frames, but are pricey. But for value for money, Giant, you simply cant go wrong.

• Member For: 17y 1m 9d

Judging by what you will be doing, I think that choice will suit you well.

I'd recommend getting a good set of semi-slick tyres (smooth down the middle with big knobbly bits on either side for cornering), from memory Hutchinson make a very good one.

Bikes are like cars, they will only handle as well as the tyres will let them. And if you are doing a lot of road cycling the slick portion will make your life heaps easier. Whilst the sides will give you heaps of grip for off-road (or on-road for that matter) cornering.

My 2c's.

Edited by Dunnas