Best Beer

XR6T8080

Favourite Beer  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 7m 16d
grolsh from germany... nice but comes in huge bottles, 2 or 3 and your done

Grolsh is not nice.

Chimay Blue (9%) - Brewed by Belgian Trappist Monks, expensive but worth the cost.

As per Dan's Pepperjacks very Nice to drink.

Coopers Vintage Ale - Almost a stout, very strong in flavor.

I don't know why I came in this thread, its not helping restraining the urge to drink which I've managed to do for 2 months now.

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

Pat; Creatures Lager??? never heard of a 'Lager'!? got any info/pics etc on it??

Was going to mention the Chimay Blue, brilliant beer! and yes, hand-brewed by belgian monks!! bout $9 a stubbie at the bottle-o, but worth every cent!

Colonial IPA, best IPA I've had in years! more than just a breakfast beer. (another WA only for now boys)

Budejovicky Budvar, greatest european beer exported to AUS, if you can find it. and yes, that's another big call, but I'm willing to stand by it.

Can very much agree with built2redline on Asahi, great great beer. only problem is that the places that sell it on tap only provide you with a very small glass when you ask for a pint!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d
Pat; Creatures Lager??? never heard of a 'Lager'!? got any info/pics etc on it??

Was going to mention the Chimay Blue, brilliant beer! and yes, hand-brewed by belgian monks!! bout $9 a stubbie at the bottle-o, but worth every cent!

Colonial IPA, best IPA I've had in years! more than just a breakfast beer. (another WA only for now boys)

Budejovicky Budvar, greatest european beer exported to AUS, if you can find it. and yes, that's another big call, but I'm willing to stand by it.

Can very much agree with built2redline on Asahi, great great beer. only problem is that the places that sell it on tap only provide you with a very small glass when you ask for a pint!

its not a Little Creatures Lager, but a Pilsner. Its quite good, full of cascade hops, and not too different to Matilda Bays Bohemian Pilsner.

Agree, Budvar is a good beer, I also like the Urquell. My favourite European beer is the Belgian Duvel ale in the long neck size.....excellent, excellent beer.

I've a lot of experience with Japanese beers (having lived there and only just came back from 2 weeks on the cans) and Sapporo Lager in Draft form kills Asahi and Kirin. I find that the Super Dry type beers (msg!) are more or less a means to and end, and popular among non beer drinkers (no aftertaste) however on a hot day when you want to get pissed its a very easy way to do it !

I think I've settled on my favourite all round beer for home......Coopers Pale Ale.

now I've got to buy beers for my engagement paty coming up, decisions...decisions.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Sorry for the confusion re Litle Creatures - couldn't remember if it was a larger or something else :buttrock:

Agree with the Asahi, had plenty of that in Tokyo, Kirin is nice - goes down smooth. Sapporo I had oinly when I was at the airport in Osaka waiting to fly home, very nice though!

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Coors - Good

Bud - Ok

Coronas - Tha sh*t :buttrock:

Sol - Not bad

Asahi - Good

Hini - Ok

Becs - Good

Grolsh - sh*t

Mariners - 4 500ml cans for $9, can't go wrong

Irish black stuff - Good in moderation

Carlsburg - Probably the sh*ttest beer in the world

• Member For: 16y 2m 18d
My favourite European beer is the Belgian Duvel ale in the long neck size.....excellent, excellent beer.

Last year I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon at the Duvel brewery. We had a few at the brewery bar - specially picked batches, specially aged etc etc. Absolutely awesome! Even the very best Aussie beer is one dimensional in comparison.

Next on my list would be almost any number of Belgian, North French and Bavarian beers - I could live in Europe easily - just for the beer :stickpoke: l