2nd Hand Capa Flasher

SHOWDOWN

• BACK SLOWER THEN EVER!
  • Member For: 16y 9m 15d

Quick Question.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Capa box and witnessed it going back to Fectory tune.

Can I try to run the exsisting tunes (without getting it reset) in my car or will it stuff up the ecu?

The guy from Capa told me that sometimes they work without the reset and some require the Reset and the reload of new tunes($180 for capa generics, $200 for cv my choice).

The guy at CRD told me the if I tried and it didn't work it would stuff up the ecu.

I want to get a custom tune done but don't have the cash for all the other stuff I want to get done at the same time like injectors, cat & Actuator. Also if I can save $200 (cost of getting it reset and reloaded with generic tunes) worth the try.

Anyone with experience?

Ozzie

• Member For: 17y 1m 27d

I'm pretty sure the capa tuner will still be locked with the VIN number of the other car. If you connect it up it probably won't do anything because it will detect that it has been attached to a different car.

I bought mine 2nd hand and it definately needed a reset to remove the old VIN from it.

• BACK SLOWER THEN EVER!
  • Member For: 16y 9m 15d

I tried powering up the 2nd hand box and no go, I get a green flashing light and nothing up loads.

Its of to CV I go I guess....

Anyone with CV generic tunes :spit:

1) Do you notice an improvement on 8psi with fuel economy?

2) Any issues with 10psi used over a long period of time?

I would like to get the custom done when I can afford the other mods but would like to start off with the generics.

Ozzie