A Huge Thumbs Down For Nuford Wangara

Paradoxx

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d

I just want everyone on this forum, especially WA members, know about an experience with this AHG Ford dealer.

My partner has a 2001 Ford HE Mondeo 2L. It was due for a service and has done over 100000km. The other night it went into Limp Mode (speed limited to 60km/h and wouldn't change gear), so to avoid the hassle of driving to the city where I normally get my car serviced, we booked it in at Nuford Wangara which is all of 2km away. They said they would have a look and let us know what needed to be done.

Lisa gets a phone call today, with a quote for over $1000. They had already completed their "Major Service" which was $760 alone :tonguepoke: So instead of actually letting us know what it would cost before completing the work, they had already set to charge us for all that!

Going through the list there were things like "pollen filter - $78, spark plugs - $110 (which I had replaced 6 months ago :gooff: ), air filter (which I also replaced 6 months ago) $80 odd, gearbox oil change.............. the list goes on.

I want to know what right a service department has to carry out this work without first a quote of the cost of what they will be doing, and secondly consent of the owner to complete it!!?

Basically, I want to tell everyone to never go to Nuford for service, and for you all to tell everyone you know never to go there either unless they hate money! Talk about extortion!

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 5m 11d

Steve, Simply tell them they had no authorization to complete the work and as such return the vehicle to its original state when it arrived. IE put your old plugs back, Air filter, pollen filter etc. Give them a 5 ltr tub of oil as they can’t put your old oil back and tellthem you wont be paying for work that you didnt request!!

I used to know the service manager there but he left to work for Toyota so I can’t help.

I wont go into my dramas there over the years as it would take a week of typing :tonguepoke:

Edited by F6_Tornado

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
Steve, Simply tell them they had no authorization to complete the work and as such return the vehicle to its original state when it arrived. IE put your old plugs back, Air filter, pollen filter etc. Give them a 5 ltr tub of oil as they can’t put your old oil back and tell. I used to know the service manager there but he left to work for Toyota so I can’t help.

I wont go into my dramas there over the years as it would take a week of typing :tonguepoke:

:stupid: if you didnt authorise you aint paying its that simple.

i've heard nuthin but bad reports about that joint...next time i see you i'l tell you about my mates gt and special bit of rag and glue they used to fix his loose hand brak cover.... :gooff:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d

Yeah well I had enough dramas with them a whole ago, but the thing is they have the big blue oval out the front, you expect them to carry the level of service to the same standard across the country. Ford should step in on these places and get their act together!

The main problem is unless a written quote is requested in the first place, a service department can basically do what they want and charge you for it as you haven't said specifically "dont do work unless I approve it" (which is what I always say, but Lisa possibly didnt)

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 2m 15d
Yeah well I had enough dramas with them a whole ago, but the thing is they have the big blue oval out the front, you expect them to carry the level of service to the same standard across the country. Ford should step in on these places and get their act together!

The main problem is unless a written quote is requested in the first place, a service department can basically do what they want and charge you for it as you haven't said specifically "dont do work unless I approve it" (which is what I always say, but Lisa possibly didnt)

steve

take your complaint to the dealer princilal, if that's no good then try dept of fair trading.

nu fords are all bluff especially when it comes to dealing with women, dig your heals in and don't pay till you get some satisfaction.

I stopped using nu ford some ten years ago for this very reason. :buttrock:

let us know how you get on.

we are all behind you on this one.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d

THEY SHOULD QUOTE BUT DONT ALWAYS, I WORK FOR A DEALER AND AS LONG AS YOU DIDNT AUTHORISE THERE WORK THEN YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO TELL THEM TO RETURN IT BACK, WORST CASE YOU PAY FOR OIL AND FILTER. IF YOU ARE THAT UPSET THEN DO IT. BUT ON ANOTHER NOTE YOU DID TAKE THE VEHICLE IN FOR 100,000 SERVICE AND IF YOU LOOKED IN THE BOOK FIRST IT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING THAT IS TO BE REPLACED OR IF YOU DONT HAVE A BOOK THEN ASK WHAT IS TO BE DONE!!!

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m

slightly off topic , I had my car in at the local dealers the other day for a few little warranty rattles and squeeks and requested a new set of wiper blades

..............$38...WTF :buttrock:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d

tell me about it, it cost me between $20-$30 trade.( It was a while ago so I cant remember exactly, but it was not low $20's)