Parking

Phevor

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m

:stupid: I just try and find a spot and park in it, I always try and give evry1 heaps of space around me, but I cant be arsed worrying too much about it.

no matter where you park, some arse puppet will find a way to dint/scratch or touch your car.......

just have a healthy relationship with my local panel beater :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 1m 22d

My best mate has a Blueprint T and when we go to cricket training, parties etc in seperate cars we always tend to park next to each other for some reason... Most people think its because we go for the mighty West Coast Eagles... :spoton:

Edited by cunners

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 9m 28d

Whenever possible I parallel park on street which generally obviates the door bangers, the tow-bar at the back protects my arse (and regularly modifies my shins) leaving only a front bumper job as the worry option. In car parks I avoid two door cars as, although generally smaller, those are long doors that need to open a long way to let out rear seat passengers - good luck if your car is next to that door.

Dingah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d

Yeah I always try to park as far away from other cars as I can, if I can't I'll always pick the most expensive looking cars and park next to them (figured they probably won't want to damage their pride and joy either)

And yeah I've had some dickhead take out a nice big chunk of paint from my rear door before. Went to a client site in Sydney, had the car parked out front of the building in the car park and came back at lunch time to see the chunk of paint missing and the door knocked in. At least I was able to get work to pay for the repairs (and the repair place did a good job)

• Member For: 16y 11m 18d

If I can't find somewhere to parallel park without a hassle then I park next to at least one expensive/well looked after car on one side and kerbing on the other. Otherwise I park as far away from the door as possible (taking a chance on theiving :spoton: ) and sometimes take up two parking spots.

I did have someone actually reverse into my EBXR6 in a shopping centre in an old dunger while I was inside. She showed true guts and actually hung around for around 15 minutes waiting for me to come out so she could tell me :w00t2: . Now how often would you hear about that???. Ironically she didn't do any damage. I had actually reversed it into a tree a couple of days previous and hadn't had the damage repaired yet. She just happened to hit it in exactly the same spot. I explained this to her mainly because she had been honest enuf to hang around and tell me what she had done. Again you could say I was stupid for not taking advantage of the situation or maybe, just maybe there needs to be a few more people around like the two of us :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 11m

If I have to park in the shops (usually only a few minutes as I hate them!), I will just be a pr*%k and park in the middle of two parking spots.... otherwise if busy, I park away!

When I owned a sh*tbox in my young days (dirty old camry!), I parked and was just about to get out..... the lady next to me opened her door and smacked into my car with pretty decent force.... when she got in her car, I simply got out... swung the door open as hard as I could into her car (pretty new SUV)... smiled and went into the shops...

• Member For: 18y 2m 12d
When I owned a sh*tbox in my young days (dirty old camry!), I parked and was just about to get out..... the lady next to me opened her door and smacked into my car with pretty decent force.... when she got in her car, I simply got out... swung the door open as hard as I could into her car (pretty new SUV)... smiled and went into the shops...

:roflmbo: Meanie! Isnt revenge sweet 'cept I don't know how I'd go doin the same if the culprit was in the car I was about to smack out :spoton:

Edited by Phevor

There's only one way I'll park mine anywhere and that's in two bays. A $50 parking fine (which I still haven't had) is much better than a repair bill from a panel shop :roflmbo:

• Member For: 17y 1m 4d
Long live the Fantasy. Yep, I too take long walks after parking the car. Its worth it.

I have parked my car at a shopping centre 3 times in 12 months

Well Boyz, I got the best parking spots in the shopping centers. Disable parking. The only two things that stuck is the dirty looks that me and my miss's get when we get out in a Xr6T Ute. :gooff: And also I have to live with a stupid walking stick. :msm:

Never the less the parking spots are great! :bum: