BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d

Steve,

that's insane. I'd better sell some more Real estate to afford a family holiday that incorporates Sema next year.

Scotty

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d
:angry: Hi Ricksan, seems to be standard Ford patter, mines booked in today. I bought a set of drilled/slotted DBAs from Hopper Stoppers in Vic $320 it seems to me that this is the only way the issue will be properly fixed. If you leave it up to Ford they will fill you with excuses then eat your lunch :oooh:

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d
We fitted dba gold disc's with the standard ford pads after 10000km the shudder started again, changed front pads to QFM pads and there has not been any shudder since I have also noticed that all the funny marks on the disc have gone.It will be interesting if shudder comes back.

I have been using QFM on taxi's and limo's for eight years now and they have done a lot of work to improve there pads.

Ian

We have now done 3000 km on the QFM pads and there has been no sign of the brake shudder coming back will be doing trip to coffs harbour on the weekend I will give them some work out again and see how they go.

Ian

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 2d
Yes 56 mainline you gotta get to Indy.

Actually Steve I meant pics from Sema.

Scotty

SEMA

This guys SEMA album makes mine look silly...... :oooh:

There's a fine line between rice and nice, isn't there. :oooh:

I'll have the black Audi and the dark blue Porsche please Santa.

• Proud Team Blueprint member
  • Member For: 21y 5d

Did the 15000 service yesterday incorporating the "new" brake skim.

The original shudder wasn't actually that bad, I lived with it for about 3 or 4000 km, but time will tell whether the "fix" is working. :ermm:

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d

I have 5000km up since installing the dba slotted front rotors and bendix ultimates all round.

No shudder showing up yet, happy with the braking performance so far. Previous to this I was getting shudder back within 1500km, so I am happy with less trips to the dealers.

Getting good at cleaning the wheels too :thumbsup:

Guest dbasteve
  • Guests
I have 5000km up since installing the dba slotted front rotors and bendix ultimates all round.

No shudder showing up yet, happy with the braking performance so far. Previous to this I was getting shudder back within 1500km, so I am happy with less trips to the dealers.

Getting good at cleaning the wheels too :thumbsup:

A guy told me a while ago that he used car polish on his alloy wheels to seal the surface and it reduced the amount of dust caught up in the wheels by about 50%. The remaining dust came off easy with a garden hose.

I haven't tried it myself but it sounds like a good idea....

Guest cul08r
  • Guests

Polish or wax on the wheels seals out all the nasties and makes them much easier to clean. I had ultimates on my WRX and polished the STi rims so they would not suffer too bad.

It was recommended by Michael at waxwizard.com.au

Andrew