BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

@Puffwagon Have you heard of that being done to brake pads? He said something about the slots on the disc causing it at a certain temperature and light braking. Interesting fix! I had a decent drive in town after picking it up and it shuddered once just after picking car up and I thought crap it's not fixed but thought I'd give it a chance to settle and for next 30 minutes it braked fine so hopefully it's good now. 

• 3 weeks later...

So brake shudder still happening on my car with light braking 50kmh and under, shop put a 45 degree bevel on leading and trailing edge of front pads, helped a bit but still does it. Shop has again checked everything out and done more research and reckon its the dba slotted rotors doing it and said the slots need to have angled sides not 90 degrees sides. Needs ie. (Vee shaped ) slots. So they said I should get some 355mm flat rotors just vented not slotted. I didn't think I would have trouble with a decent quality set of front anchors, what a pain.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

that's ridiculous if they are sure it's the rotor slots... just get 'em to measure the runout on the hubs and discs.

Yea, I went to see local helpful engine builder and he's gonna help me check the trueness of my front rotors with his guage thingy. He said 1 of them might be a tiny bit warped, so that's a good next step. Probably should have been the first thing to check. Went to see other mechanic twice and got charged $172.50 each time for no result.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my brakes fixed, my engine builder checked them and dba 355mm rotors are not true and they havnt even been hot ( green heat paint is still there). He machined them for me and they are good now. Other mechanic hadn't even checked them for trueness. ( useless). Happy now just gotta get boost surge sorted and iv noticed another frigging oil leak coming from somewhere on front of engine again. After I thought I had it all sealed up awesome. Frustrating as.