What's The Difference Between N/a Xr6 & Xt?

Falchoon

• Member For: 19y 3m 1d

The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing. The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto. Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 3m 12d
The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing.  The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto.  Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?

6 speed auto not manual is available on BF XT.

• Member For: 17y 3m 1d
I didnt remove my spare, might do it next time.

I wish I new of other ways other than striping the interior out, or adding fibreglass bonnet. which is not ever going to happen to my ute.

I still run the 16inch wheels though, lighter than 17's or 18's :P

Al, do you remove your tailgate when you run? There's a few kilos there. Every bit less your car weighs the better the power to weight ratio is.

The only difference that will affect performance is the lower gearing.  The 3.45 on my BA feels spot on to me - don't think I'd like higher gearing with a 4-speed auto.  Might be a different story with the 6-speed box - can you get this on a XT?

You don't know what you are missing, acceleration and response improves dramatically with higher diff gears.

• Member For: 19y 3m 1d

You don't know what you are missing, acceleration and response improves dramatically with higher diff gears.

Higher gearing = lower number. I was discussing the difference between stock XR and XT diff gears. I'm sure that a lower diff ratio would improve performance.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

The XR6 is by far the better buy when you compare what you get against the XT. Now car rental companies are buying the XR6 instead of the XT, as the price difference is trivial but the added extras are far better.

Alot of fleet buyers now buying XR6 instead of XT.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 23d
The XR6 is by far the better buy when you compare what you get against the XT. Now car rental companies are buying the XR6 instead of the XT, as the price difference is trivial but the added extras are far better.

I remember a bloke teling me why would you buy the futura when the xr6 is only $1000 more.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d

And that's excatly why the XR6 is being more and more looked upon as a standard falcon. Before the XR6 used to be something a bit special but now there everywhere.

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d

My company car is a Futura - I could have taken an XR6 but I wanted the soft suspension for my daily driver, plus the other electrics.

Besides, nothing goes faster than a company car - I don't care what diff ratio is in it! :blink: (maybe a rental car)