What's The Difference Between N/a Xr6 & Xt?

Falchoon

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d

I know the motor is the same, does the XR have different (lower) gearing maybe? If this is so then the XR has slightly worse fuel economy than an XT?

Just asking for a workmate who's tossing up what to buy, not getting rid of my Turbo just yet!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 4m 13d

AS far as I've heard (not looking at an exact spec sheet sitting in front of me) but Suspension is different apparently. The Tune is Leaner I believe as well but with the same engine, your most probably right. I don't think the XT has the same gearbox...

ANybody who can fill in?

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d

The 4 speed auto is the same, as is the optional 6 speed but there doesn't seem to be an option for 6 speed manual, only the 5 speed.

Realise the suspension is different, lower and stiffer on XR, though maybe the same if optioning Euro Sports Package.

Power windows in the rear seem to an optional extra as well.

• Member For: 17y 3m 27d

XT have a 3.23 diff, XR6 has a 3.45 diff, that's where the fuel economy goes, also makes the XR6 faster. Engine is the same. As mentioned XR6, has lower suspension. If I had the choice again maybe I would buy an XT and mod it up to XR6 specs, but then again I like the extra bits you get with an XR6.

• Member For: 17y 3m 27d

Yep, and if you take into account the purchase price of an XT, you could mod it up to the max for the price of an XR6.

Yeah, I take the spare tyre out and any loose stuff, I don't bother removing seats or anything else though.

• Member For: 17y 11m 5d

I didnt remove my spare, might do it next time.

I wish I new of other ways other than striping the interior out, or adding fibreglass bonnet. which is not ever going to happen to my ute.

I still run the 16inch wheels though, lighter than 17's or 18's :P