Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• Member For: 11y 19d

So I just had my car tuned a few weeks ago and today I decided to put the trumpet on my dual port bov just for fun and realized at idle the valve was open about 5mm, if I tighten it up so its closed at idle will it effect my air fuel ratios?

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 16d

I've had myTurbosmart Dualport Kompact BOV installed for a little over two years now fully vented. During this time it has worked like a dream, however over the past couple of weeks I have noticed it mainly doesn't open at all and when it does it's only when the cars at full running temp and smashing high boost.

I have shortened the vac line as much as possible to avoid kinks, just wondering if there is any sort of maintenance required for this BOV's? Any help would be good

• Member For: 12y 10m 16d

Thanks for the suggestion mate, ill try some oil. Either that or put my brothers new BOV on to try and eliminate that all together

• Member For: 10y 5m 5d

Well if that's the case I got a plumb back on one side and theyll never know what setting its on really unless they pull my BOV out coz u cant really see it and cops arent that smart..

Hi dave I just ordered the Turbosmart kompact dual port 25mm aswell, and am putting it In today

Can you give me any heads up? I'm not really hands on with this kind of stuff, and also my cars runnig the standard 6psi stock boost, will I notice a noise change?

Thanks heaps

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 22d

Holy sh*t. I just realised after reading this post I have installed my turbosmart BOV backwards..... Car was making crazy turbo flutter and has for last 3 months. Is there anyway to tell if I've done damage???? Funny thing is it was initially making the loud swoosh but stopped after installing plazmaman CAI?............ Any info would be awesome cheers guys.

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d

Just purchased a kompact dual port series bov to suit my fg f6. Motor is stock and running .9bar boost. My bov came with a pink spring. I found it was opening way to early causing boost to vent out. I have fitted all 6 supplied washers to spring, tightened all the way and retested, is better but still not holding boost to .9 bar. Also prefer the tututu sound over psssshhhht. Do I need a stiffer spring? Or can I put more washers?

• 7 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 11m 6d

Hey all, currently upgrading to a G42 turbo and am wondering if I will need to run a Turbosmart Gen V Race Port Blow off Valve, I see some cars run them but unsure if it is necessary or not. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

a BOV isn't necessary at all, if you don't want one... but if you want to have proper BOV operation at extra boost pressure then a higher quality one is ideal... if you're not changing the boost level, no need to change the BOV you're currently using if it works fine.