Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Member For: 13y 10m 4d

Hey everyone.

FYI I fitted a set of the new DBA4000 T3 Club Spec rotors along with some Race Brakes "street" pads on the weekend. Had originally order the standard left/right slotted 4000's from my local Repco dealer, went to pick them up on Saturday and they had ordered 1 x front and 1 x rear disc :censored:! The sales guy then went to the back of the store and pulled out a set of these T3's with the same part # but no left or right marking, he had no idea what they were, could find nothing on the DBA website and couldn't get onto his DBA rep to find out.

After a bit of stress I ended up taking a punt and grabbed them. On the drive home I called DBA in Sydney and spoke with a machinist and he explained these had only been out a short time, were not directional and that I would love them. Anyway when I got home I ripped the Brembo's out (45,000K's of regular street driving and totally stuffed), installed the new gear, bedded in the brakes and after a couple of hundred k's initial results are great. I never had any issues with the factory setup and to be honest so far I have noticed no real difference, which is fine by me. I am just hoping these last a lot longer and produce less dust.

By the way I ended up paying $200 for the set of pads and $207 for each rotor (they charged me the same as what they quoted for the standard DBA4000 slotted discs, not sure if that was right?) but pretty happy with the overall price.

Has anyone else fitted these and what are their thoughts?

• Member For: 14y 9m 22d

Congrats on being one of the first to get your hands on the new design.

We are very pleased with what we have achieved so far.

We have been working on this design for a couple of years now with extensive R&D being done with the V8 Ute category as well as a few endurance teams, the feedback we have received from the teams has been fantastic.

To top this all off we presented this new design at this year’s Australian Automotive Aftermarket Expo and it took at Best New Performance Product and we also took out Manufacturer of the Year making us the most awarded aftermarket manufacture in Australia.

The big plus for the street guys is there is no more lefts and rights, more bite, they are quieter than the old 6x6 design and now the slot patterns on the 5000 Series is the same as the 4000 Series so when you fit this combination the both look the same.

If you want more info on these rotors visit the site below, we have also included our new launch video which shows how DBA manufacture and what sets us apart from the competition.

www.clubspect3.com

Regards,

DBAsteve.

dbasteve@dba.com.au

Edited by Dagabond
Quote removed....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 10m 4d

Thanks DBASteve, The T3 rotors have been on the car for nearly a month now and they have been awesome. So far we have had no squealing, no shudder and they stop on a dime. I also have to mention how good the Race Brake pads have been; considering they pull me up just as well as the factory set (Ferodo I believe) I am stunned at how little brake dust these things produce, I should have put these on the day I picked up the car! I would recommend this setup to anyone when it's time for change over.

• 2 months later...
  • You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 24d

anybody tried bendix SRT's with the slotted 4000 dba 298mm?

Do they squeak like the bendix ultimates?

Edited by STAINLESS

• Member For: 14y 3m 7d

Just had 355mm DBA 4000 T3 rotors and EBC Redstuff pads installed on the front of the Phoon yesterday. Braking from cold seems fine for street driving and only gets better once they warm up. No squealing at all either. Thumbs up for this combo from me. :biggthumpup:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 29d

Just installed the DBA 4000 slotted T3 series 322mm fronts with ebc red pads. At first I am pleased but I did get a slight shudder 2 or 3 times in the space of about 30minutes of driving. Wasnt any hard braking either. Was when going around corners under light braking.

Any ideas?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 29d

Yeah, I read up a little on the net about bedding the new brakes in. I have had them on now for 2 days and haven't noticed it come back. They seem to be getting better and better. And when they get warmer they only get better :D

How ever... Under low pressure I am hearing a squeal, Cant make out if its the rears or fronts. Only changed the fronts. Any tips on figuring out which brake is squealing? I have tried getting the missus to drive up and down the street. Still cant make out which one it is.

I doubt new brakes would squeal though? I properly cleaned the brakes before installing them.