Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

As some of you know I got DBA 4000 slotted rotors at the front, and Bendix Ultimate pads all round.

What can I say? These are the best damn brakes I've used.

Going down hill through some very very twisty roads, on the brakes all the time, giving them a very hard time on purpose to see how good they go, awesome!! Stop first go every time with MINIMAL fade.

At the bottom of the moutain, I had smoke comming off the front rotors or pads (don't know which ones), and all the heat indicators were white (isn't the orange one meant to turn yellow?)

And they still stopped!!

I can't believe they took the beating I gave them, but they took it with ease and still had plenty to go.

Just two question for DBASteve.

What is the max temp you guys have tested the rotors to?

What happens after you hit the max temp?

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 13d

G'day CRO,

That's a good rap on the DBA's, I guess you're happy with them.

Just one question, are you running standard 17 or 18 inch wheels?

Guest Brent400
  • Guests

I have 12,000 Kms on my xr now and they need replacing. I went for a sprited drive around the cotter and they could not cope. :angry: I would like to get the break package that you are talking about. What is the cost?

Cheers

Brent.

P.S.

I'm going to take my car to wakefield for a fang, but need to upgarde the breaks first.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members

Turbotom, I got 17's, no clearance issues as the rotors are the same size as the originals.

Brent400, From memory they were $289 for each front rotor. And the pads were $180 for the fronts, and $140 for the rears.

I bought these off my dealer, so they put their own mark up on it. You can get it for cheaper if you buy from say Repco and chuck them on yourself.

• Member For: 20y 7m 23d

I've got the same set up DBA 4000 with bendix ultimates. I have the same opinion as CRO awesome. But I didn't quite pay that much for the upgrade. Oh and if anyones thinking of doing the same be prepared for cleaning off alot of brake dust when using them heavily.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members

To any one with this setup,

Are you hearing the brakes squealing when no brakes are applied?

Mine are really bad, just under normal driving I hear a loud squeal from the fronts and the back.

I would expect this when I'm braking as Bendix are known for their squeal and brake dust, but not when I'm not using the damn things.

Sounds like the calipers are clamping down on the rotors..

I don't have any of the Ford fixes on at the moment.

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

I havent had any dramas with mine so far. I dont have the 4000s (as you know), just the longlife slotted on the front, with the Ultimates.

I find that the pads squeal on medium applications of the brakes. ie very light pedal pressure, no noise, normal stop for a traffic light, squeal, but if I press harder the squeal disappears.

I am happy with this, as a bit of noise is a good tradeoff for the extra performance of the pads. Brake dust on the other hand :banghead:

There is definitely something not right in yours. I cant hear a noise when I am driving along. In fact, cant even hear the handbrake sshhh sshhh at the moment.

Mine are stopping really well (just ask Chris how it stopped on the Geelong freeway...) and shudder has not appeared (so far) Just make sure they are torqued properly.

Oh yeah, I have the new shims in mine.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d

Cro, I have a really feint squeak, squeak when I am cruising along really slowly ie in car parks. You can only hear it when the window is down. The squeak goes away when you lightly touch the brake pedal.

Hope this helps.....

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
Oh yeah, I have the new shims in mine.

I'm getting these put in tomorow, hopefully it will bring the pads of the rotors...