Steering Wheel Alignment

igsta

• Member For: 20y 6m 14d

Ever since I have had my car my steering wheel has been off centre. Ford tried about 4 times with no succes. I now have bought a set of new tyres and the tyre place tried 5 times to get the wheel centered without any luck. The steering wheel would be a little to the left, align again and it would be a little to the right. Does any one know what the go is or if you can recommend any one in Sydney that can do it 100%. :kissmy:

• Logsie
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d

Well some good news Metro ford in the valley (Brissy) did mine for me and all is good nice and straight they did an alround fantastic job on my car :blink:

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 24d

Mines 500ks old and it is slightly to the right for some reason. Will get it checked at 3000ks. Tried it in a car park that was flat with the same result. Is this common? Why would this be done correctly in the factory?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 16d

I use Jobsons on Taren Point Road, just over Captain Cooks Bridge in the Sutherland Shire.

They sorted my T out (as well as my Mazda and Falcon)

Worth a go

:spoton:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 30d

this is the problem, my wheel has to be held to the right to keep the car straight... let go of the wheel and it will pull to the left on any road (yes even flat ones)

I have had new tyres, realignment, another realignment... still no good. Centre ford did it last time and it drove straight for about 5km... then I had to correct it again. I'm sick of it, that's why I just have cheap tyres cos they scrub out too quickly

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d

Both mine are fine, had a Balance problem on the sedan but the dealer fixed that last service, as for the ute it was off centre but had a four wheel allign and balance at Bob Jane and all is sweet, sadly the 16 inch tyres are just about foockeered. :pinch:

• Member For: 18y 8m 6d

I have had this as well and I've just learned to live with it. Only difference is my steering wheel seems in line when going straight.

I had an alignment that made it a little better, new tires made it a little better..

but now it just seems to be back.

How about uneven roads when you tramline. Its like holding on the wheel for dear life or else the car will change lanes and jump a curb.

Who can resolve this? Is it normal?

• Member For: 18y 9m 17d

Mine was bloody perfect till the 15,000 service and the Ford idiots gave her a wheel alignment she did'nt need and stuffed her up. I'm still fighting her desire to go right, I'll be giveing them what for when she goes in soon for her 30,000, ( she's on 26,000 ).

I reckon it's the ability of the person doing the job, considering mine was perfect and they stuffed her, so try a reputable steering and suspension crowd.