Fitting Injectors

chrisxr8

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d

did a search on this topic and didnt find what I was after. just wondering how hard injectors are to fit. easy or just worth paying someone the money

• Member For: 19y 10m 13d
did a search on this topic and didnt find what I was after. just wondering how hard injectors are to fit. easy or just worth paying someone the money

Courtesy of Eugene :spoton:

Happy to provide instructions,

you will need a few tools, but not alot.

I use 3/8 drice gear, allthough good quality 1/4" will do it to

8mm socket

10mm socket

some extension bars, a few are handy,

uni joint for extensions

5 mm allen key socket, (for throttle body)

Screwdriver or nut driver for the hose clamps on intake pipes.

Spray can of Carby cleaner, or electro clean etc

1: disconnect battery, it should be the first thing you do with ANY work in the engine bay.

2: remove top of air cleaner box, romove hose to to cross over.

3: remove cross over (black alloy bit), there are three 10mm headed nuts, a hose of the BOV, small, and also the vent fram the tappet cover, dont try and remove the clap from it, just slide the small stiff pipe out, loosen the other two hoses from the intercooler and turbo intake too.

4: remove the throttle body, this is where you need the allen key socket and uni-joint, there are four bolt, three are easy, the bottom front can bea pain if you are not very handy with tools, it is a tight fit over the tappet cover, but can be done. once the bolts are out, CAREFULLY, so as not to damage the gasket, remove the throttle body up, remove the larger harnss only and lay it on the tappet cover.

5: Use a small plastic bag, or bit or rag and a rubber band to cover the now open intake hole so no foriegn objects get in there.

6: Now there are tow steel brackets running from the cylinder head to the manifold, 8mm head, remove them, DONT DROP THE BOLTS.

7: Now there are also 6 little clips under the injector, these hold the injector on the rail, and help stop them from turning, now is the time to remove them, DONT DROP THEM, they are hard to find.

8: Remove the plugs from the injectors, you need a little screwdriver or pick, there is a spring steel clip which needs both sides at the same time.

9: There are four bolts holding the rail down, 10mm head I think, remove them, DONT DROP THEM.

10:, get your can of carby cleaner, spray arround the thinjectors, there will be dirt etc around them, you dont want it falling in the hole when the injectors come out, pull the rail back, some of the injectors will stick in the rail, others in the head, just give them a little twist to release the o'rings, and slide them out.

Now slide the factory ones back in, and reverse the process, take care when you are re-installing the rubber between the cross over and throttle body, it is easy to catch it and it wont sit right you will loose lots of boost.

also don't tighten the three nuts that hold the cross over on too muck, they are only on rubber mounts which are vulcanised to the tappet cover, if you tighten them too far, you may rip them off the cover.

I dont think I have forgoton any thing, if I have, I will add it later.

Takes me about an hour, if the cars not too hot.

HAVE FUN

• Like 1

• Donating Members

if I fit these say the day before I go in to get a tune, will the car go into limp mode if I take it easy on the throtlle or would the generic flash box take into account these injectors

• Member For: 19y 10m 13d
if I fit these say the day before I go in to get a tune, will the car go into limp mode if I take it easy on the throtlle or would the generic flash box take into account these injectors

Different injectors require differenct scaling (custom tune). I don't know about limp mode however in my case the car will not run with my 42lb injectors on the stock map, too much fuel.

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 10m 4d

I was forced to run a brand new flashed stock tune with the Bosch 968s fro a couple of trips around town after a much earlier tuning 'mishap' and aside from a little uneveness at idle the car ran really well - needless to say that any dash readouts related to fuel useage were incorrect.

Dingah

• Donating Members

the reason why I asked this is because I live several hours away from where I could possibly get the car tuned. didnt know if fitting injectors then runing generic (say 8psi) tune would stop the inherent problems of changing the injectors with the standard map