So What Voids The Warranty?

twr7cx

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

He is probably honouring the warranty on a dealer level.

In saying that if you broke something major that required prior approval from Ford and they came to inspect the car then you would be screwed.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 28d
Ive got a similar question, except I bought the used car with an APS phase II kit already installed. I asked the dealer on several times if everything is still covered by warranty, and he said yes. Was he just telling me lies so I would buy the car? Are they going to void warranty if I make a claim?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you get that in writting???

Whilst the dealer may be honest and honour the warranty any number of things could happen (eg change of ownership etc).

To be honest if you have a bad dealer they will sometimes try to knockback claims even if your car is stock (claim abuse) and "under warranty". the other thing you mightfindd is that the car is no longer under new car warranty but under a 2nd hand car warranty, if that is the case you'll probably have quite a few exceptions to the warranty and it'll only be for 3 or 6 months. (But the dealer can say the car is under warranty)

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 23d
Ive got a similar question, except I bought the used car with an APS phase II kit already installed. I asked the dealer on several times if everything is still covered by warranty, and he said yes. Was he just telling me lies so I would buy the car? Are they going to void warranty if I make a claim?

Did you get that in writting???

Whilst the dealer may be honest and honour the warranty any number of things could happen (eg change of ownership etc).

To be honest if you have a bad dealer they will sometimes try to knockback claims even if your car is stock (claim abuse) and "under warranty". the other thing you mightfindd is that the car is no longer under new car warranty but under a 2nd hand car warranty, if that is the case you'll probably have quite a few exceptions to the warranty and it'll only be for 3 or 6 months. (But the dealer can say the car is under warranty)

I also know of dealers that actually do claim it under warranty from ford and still charge the customer and tell them ford knocked it back!!! :spoton:

Chooka

• Member For: 18y 1d

I didnt get it in writing, but I did get a copy of the email that the sales manager had from the guy who traded the car in saying all the mods it had done to it.

I have to go back this week to get the stereo replaced, Ill try my luck at getting something in writing, but I doubt I will have any luck now they have already sold the car.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 2d

Mate, re the mods; you dont need to do the valve springs. They are fine until other mods are done, usually after the exhaust, chip, fp, injector stage.

Warrenty like mentioned is very much up to the dealer as they ofter let things slide. In the manual im sure it says ford has to prove your mods caused the issue but this is never the case they seem to out right resure warrenty with mods and somtimes they wont even fix the CD player if the engines been modded. Crazy...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 8d

I can`t see why changing the valve springs would void warranty so long as done by a qualified mechanic.These valvesprings to not increase the power of the motor only the reliability therefore should have no effect on warranty.

please explain?

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d
I can`t see why changing the valve springs would void warranty so long as done by a qualified mechanic.These valvesprings to not increase the power of the motor only the reliability therefore should have no effect on warranty.

please explain?

That may well be the case, BUT ford told me I I fitted an oil cooler it would void the warranty :thumbsup: ... go figure