Premium Brakes

Disgruntled Goat

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 4m 1d

Don't quote me, but I thought that they had upgraded the brakes on the BF T by throwing on the thicker rotors from the Territory. Not sure if they are a bigger diameter or not. And no idea about the calipers or pads used.

Surely premium brakes would still be an option? But I think that they are now the Brembos (unsure of specs).

I do have a link bookmarked with heaps of tech data on the BF, but it's on my home computer :spoton:

• Member of team Kittens
  • Member For: 20y 1m 4d

I beleive you are correct - the premium brake option is no longer present.

The XR6T and XR8 get the larger brakes from the territory - which are actually bigger than the old premiums - particularly the rears. The Brembos remain exclusive to the FPV's.

If you want bigger - fit them after market...

Goof luck! :spoton:

Ben.

• Member For: 18y 4m 1d

Just found the following info about the BF from the Carpoint site dated Sep '05:

Brakes

Ford has developed a new Performance brake package for the BF Falcon based on new hardware developed for the Territory. The new brakes outperform and therefore replace the previous premium brake option and are now fitted as standard to the XR6 Turbo and XR8 sedan/ute, and in conjunction with the 24-valve V8 engine in the Falcon XT, Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, Fairlane G8 and LTD.

The package includes new pillar ventilated front rotors 322mm diameter by 28mm thick and new pillar ventilated rear rotors of 328mm x 26mm. These are substantially bigger than the standard 298 x 28mm ventilated fronts and 303 x 16mm solid rears.

As this set-up also surpasses the standard FPV brake package, it will prompt a brake upgrade for FPV’s BF range.

• Member For: 20y 5m 23d
Just found the following info about the BF from the Carpoint site dated Sep '05:
Brakes

Ford has developed a new Performance brake package for the BF Falcon based on new hardware developed for the Territory. The new brakes outperform and therefore replace the previous premium brake option and are now fitted as standard to the XR6 Turbo and XR8 sedan/ute, and in conjunction with the 24-valve V8 engine in the Falcon XT, Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, Fairlane G8 and LTD.

The package includes new pillar ventilated front rotors 322mm diameter by 28mm thick and new pillar ventilated rear rotors of 328mm x 26mm. These are substantially bigger than the standard 298 x 28mm ventilated fronts and 303 x 16mm solid rears.

As this set-up also surpasses the standard FPV brake package, it will prompt a brake upgrade for FPV’s BF range.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting well maybe they do need to upgrade the Ford website.

• Member For: 19y 1m 16d

I successfully won a bid on a set of these, got em for $450, removed from xr8 and brand new replaced with race brakes.. For anyone interested in an upgrade this has got to be a great option for the ba.. Much less than the 3k for the premium package option when buying the ba for comparisons.. Fitting later in the week.. :spit: