Typhoon Questions

Phoon Hoon

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d
Some questions about my car.

1. The engine seems to run relatively hot. The temperature guage is usually just under half way. On hot days, it touches the half way mark. Is this normal?

Mine sits between one quarter and half way

2. The standard Dunlops don't seem to be the best... does anyone else concur?

Average tyre IMO, too much road noise and don't like to hang on when pushed3. My fuel consumption is lousy! Can I expect it to improve as the engine beds itself in? (I have currently done about 4,000km). If so, how many k's will I need on the clock before I see an improvement?

12.8 average thus far since the go fast bits and edit over thelast 15000ks an inprovement of about 1.00kpl V stock though the number of Ks will have made a difference ... not bad :hrmm: and this is with 90% stop start4. The manual Phoon has a rev alert that tells you when to change gear. I read in the book that this can be turned off at a Ford service centre if requested. Is it possible, therefore, to turn this feature ON in an auto, so that when you are driving in manual mode you get the rev alert (I've accidentally hit the rev limiter a few times when changing manually)???

Cant help you I have a manual and with over 300atw the chimes are a godsend , particularly in first and second

1. Replace the thermostat with a cooler one, all the standard phoons I've driven sit around half.

2. Tyres are very noisey and over priced, but they hold togeather when you have the speed limiter gone and the speedo needle jams up against the trip meter pin at 270. I think there is better value out there, but I've never kept any of my cars long enough to need to replace the back tyres. Typhoon 013 has 18,000 klm on it and the rears are just about shot, my GT killed the rears in 12,000 klm. :hrmm:

3. 15.5 average with highway and city driving, sometimes normal, sometimes scaring HSVs. :msm:

4. Can't see why they can't switch it on. :hrmm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Member For: 19y 27d
1 - about 11.30

2 - noisy but tough

3 - 15.5 ... 50% mountain driving 50% city

4 - auto's run a 200 rpm over rev limit under wot (I think) ... so the bells would be going off all the time for you ... d'oh

the manual rev alerts are not gear change alerts

keep it off the peak revs if you are getting Ford servicing .... big brother is watching

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who cares if BB is watching, it's your car, and if it couldn't handle the revs in the first place why would they allow it to go so high?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I was told by my dealer mechanic that you can turn the shift warning on the autos with the WDS.

I will ask for it on my 3,000km service