Delivery Date When Do You Expect Your Xr6?

richdave

When will your Turbo arrive  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d

:blink:

Hi there fellow BAturbophiles. I would apprectaie your experiences regarding delivery times for those lucky enough to be able to order a BA turbo.

Thanks

• Like 1

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d

Well ive been told 16th November for delivery in Sydney. Aparrently dealers here were only allocated between 5 and 7 cars each. They have said they will try and get it to me earlier but an honest delivery expectation is the 16th November.

Ive heard as well in some cases that people have been told as late as march next year. :blink:

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

Dealers at the moment in Melbourne are only allocated a small amount of cars.. Initial demand is very high though.. I ordered late Sept for october build and hope to have it by the end of month... After that my specific dealer has 2 or 3 a month until march as well... :blink:

As far as I know the problems with delivery times, is not so much demand (although there is a lot) but is manufacture. Ford are supposed to be building about 420 cars a day, but are apparently struggling to make 60 because they are having so many problems with them. Especially with the station wagon which is why there are none around yet.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

I think that would just be speculation. The only problem I know of is the rear clip.

I have a feeling that Ford are doing this to increase demand keeping them as rare as possible for the time being.

This information came directly to me from a high level employee of a major component supplier for Ford. The major problems are with the station wagon, so don't expect to see any of them real soon.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I spoke to one of the dealers on the Gold Coast who mentioned they only had one more turbo for the year - mid-November build. They said (and I'm not really sure how much truth there is to this) that if I placed an order just after Christmas like I plan to, there will probably be a 2 to 3 month wait.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Thats scary when you think about it. I know for a fact most dealers were only allocated like 6 - 7 cars each. I guess in a way thats good for people who have bought one to keep up that rare sort of car appearance until at least next year. But for others wanting to purchase one now that is going to have to suck. ;)

Guest 61sg
  • Guests

we have BA wagons at work now.

the rear driveshaft clip pnly affects cars with irs(not utes or wagons)

havent heard of any promblems with wagons.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

Just got called by my Ford Dealer.. There is a delay with Sunroofs @ FPV apparently so now I won't be getting my lovely black Turbo until Mid December :(

Not bad, was meant to get it 2 weeks ago, then Thursdy coming and now in 2-3 weeks..

But hey, all good things come to those who wait I have been told over and over by those who have seen my bouts of depression!!!

:ph34r: