F6 Typhoon

KEENEN

• Member For: 19y 2m 4d

Hey Darren welcome on board mate!! yeah Black is the colour to go for!! F6 looks horn as in Black!! I use to have a Black car it was not to hard to keep clean just give it a clean every week and also give it a good wax ones a month and you will be right! I have a Lightning Strike XR6 T now and that's one easy colour to keep clean!! what I have read about the new ZF box it is one of the best gear box's on the market mate!! BA and a BF well I did order a BF and I was getting mucked around with the price of the BF so I end up getting the BA MKII beacsue I save over 10K and got the options I wanted if you wanted to get a car real quick and don't want to wait around and want to save $ I would go for the BA. Shop around also mate and try to go to Smithfield Ford they will give u a better price then warwick farm!! Good luck mate!!

Dal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 4m 15d

welcome matey!!

I don`t know about black with the 19inch wheels

I have a black turbo and went and got my own 19inch wheels cheaper then factory!!

problem with black is it is very hard to keep clean so also buy a car cleaner to clean your car 24/7!!

hahaha enjoy either way matey.

you will have no problems with colour as you are going to quick for ppl to see the colour!!!

• Member For: 18y 3m 27d
Ive liked Holdens most of my life but these cars have just turn me around and I think the new BF looks very similar to HSV with the front and rear bars.

You may need to see opsm mate :beerchug:

:stirthepot: Darren,hope you enjoy the site

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny reply Ilike that cheers. Mate sorry to be a ball breaker. Im just thinking if I had an extra 5k how far can that get me in the F6 under the bonnet.just trying to way up the cost difference between the BA and BF but then again I would have the advantage with the BF 6speed auto .F :beerchug: Im confused,although I really love the BF Phoon. :blink::blink::beerchug::fool:

Darren

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d

I think the 6spd manual box in the BA is not worthy of a $60k+ car, personally speaking. Nice, just not ...... nice.

The 6spd auto may add that touch of 'class' that's missing from the F6 as a package.

The engine is refined, quiet and torquey, time for the transmission to step up to the plate.

Driveline shunt is deplorable in my ute, clutch is getting beyond my patience BUT the engine is super strong, and the only saving grace for the car.

Up to you. I love the manual transmision, I would never buy an auto turbocharged car, hence I prolly won't get an F6 again, unless they do some major driveline changes in the next model..

edit: Insurance = Suncorp, $1140 pa, 28 yrs + 60% on $60k

Black, looks good. I personally don't think it shows enough detail of the car. The panels seem to 'blend' together and very hard to decipher wtf it is.. We know, because we know and follow the cars..

BA/BF? In the flesh, I like the BF. BA is understated, hence why I bought it.

:stirthepot:

Edited by F6 UTE

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

I am waiting for my BF F6 in Black with the Auto and I am biased.

The car is unreal, the best sub $80k practical alround car in the market.

I went with the 18"s as I wanted to go wider eventually, so I will buy some wider 18's or 19's later on and have a spare set of factory wheels.

As others have mentioned, I would stick with the auto box as this car needs it to be a big step up on the BA, otherwise there is not much difference between the 2.

As for cleaning, I am used to dirty cars as my car is always outside, and I am not fussed if its dirty.

I say get it and you WILL be happy

• Member For: 18y 10m 13d

Forget Black - unless you want to dust it daily (in between washes) with one of those oil impregnated brushes..

I've had black: Nissan GTR, Grp A Celica, MR2 Turbo, in the past - and every time I said "never again". Then got sucked in on seeing the next in a showroom - where they have glass windows and airconditioning to keep the dust down...

It's something you grow out of...

Best colour by far is silver - but there are so many around these days its a bit boring... But out here on the farm I dont have any option..

I'd go factory 19s.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 11d

keenen, everyone is going to have different opinions on whether black is good or not. just ask yourself what YOU like.

I had a black R33 that I sold, and when I bought my BAII Turbo I also bought black.

Is it hard to keep clean? For the most part, yes. But I love the colour, I think it looks like it means business, and I'm sure that if it was perched on 19's it would look horn...

Good luck mate. Hope your buy goes well ...

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

being the proud owner of black BF auto Typhoon I'm biased

colour.... go BLACK .... looks so good with the front and rear bars

auto ... yes

19" .... nah ... I thought the F6 18s looked better with BLACK ... might go aftermarket and gets some 19x9 in the car ... LCT of 25% on wheels :blink:

insurance AAMI $275pa with $2000 excess, rating 1 (little do they know :blink: )

good luck and enjoy