T56 6 Speed Fitted

Muzza

• No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 19d

What a way to spend Christmas eve at a mates work shop fitting a brand spanker T56. It took longer than we hoped due to a loctited spicket & stripped gear box mount bolts thanks to the wankers using airgun doing them up the last T5 rebuild.

Took about 5 hours all up using new M11 Xr6t bits.

Well I couldn't be happier other than the $6k I'm out of pocket. :stirthepot:

Merry Christmas.

Muzza.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Donating Members
Nice

That should make the MKI bit better for ya

I'll talk to him over the next few days so I'll let him know to reply to you, not sure if his pc is working at home. Give him a ring in a couple of days.

Thanks guys for the support just got to get through these double demerits days or should I say the running in period.

Muzza.

• No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Donating Members
:thumbsup:  $6,000 for the gearbox change!!

Yeh it sounds excessive but other than selling the ute with a noisey box & lossing near $4000 on the lease payout it was the only option. :sick:

The T5 was only rebuilt less than 1000km before it started singing at me in 1st 2nd & 3rd.

Costing goes as follows

T56 new; $5500 inc gst

Crossmember;$37 inc gst

Mount;$52 inc gst

Gearbox flange drive;$137 inc gst

Extreme Single plate Clutch;$450 inc gst

Labor;$100 +carton extra Dry :msm:

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 27d

I don't reckon $6000 is too expensive for a gearbox change... Considering the other options of trading the vehicle in and losing heaps of money on the change over for one equipped with a 6 speed or selling privately and sitting around wasting your time waiting for people to come to your house to tell you what they don't like about your car and then offer you way under the odds for it... and not to mention if you have modified it then have to remove all your mods so they can go on to your new car... and then have the new car fitted and tuned to suit... there goes another 2k or so...

It's probably cheaper to do the gearbox change in the long run... and Muzza as a T5 XRT owner I am curious as to what mod's you have done just so I know when mine is going to start singing at me too...

carton extra Dry

Ahh... A very nice drop indeed, I love the slab mentality we Aussies have... the best way to barter!!

Jack :thumbsup:

• No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Donating Members
I don't reckon $6000 is too expensive for a gearbox change...  Considering the other options of trading the vehicle in and losing heaps of money on the change over for one equipped with a 6 speed or selling privately and sitting around wasting your time waiting for people to come to your house to tell you what they don't like about your car and then offer you way under the odds for it... and not to mention if you have modified it then have to remove all your mods so they can go on to your new car... and then have the new car fitted and tuned to suit... there goes another 2k or so...

It's probably cheaper to do the gearbox change in the long run... and Muzza as a T5 XRT owner I am curious as to what mod's you have done just so I know when mine is going to start singing at me too...

There were no mods to be done other than buying

1x BAF 7003B XR6T M11 t56 gearbox

1x BAF 4K177A XR8 Gearbox Flange Drive

1x BA2 5060A Crossmember

1x BA2 6068A Cross member rubber mount

1x Clutch you can afford

& I would recommend getting your flywheel machined or replaced. With the grunt most of us are pushing through them they get way hot.

But if your doing it yourself start working you upper body strengh them T56 are 90kg aprox. :+1:

going off the amount of blisters on my hands make sure you don't start the job 5 min after you have pulled up och...

The diff ratio's from M1 ute to M11 ute must be different as it's a little taller in the lower gears now. Does anyone know if the change over affect the speedo reading or it all that done through the ecu?

Muzza.