WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d

Yeh I paid it... it was a stupid mistake although I did get a ticket for the next two hours after that. I know it is supposed to be a fine which is a deterrant for parking fare evaders, but $60 is a decent amount :(

So... we need to get some more interest in the gingin cruise... the last couple of cruises have been a bit low on numbers compared with the first one up the coast. Where are all the members? :spoton:

Although even though the numbers are down, it's a top bunch of blokes :spoton:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 27d
Yeh I paid it... it was a stupid mistake although I did get a ticket for the next two hours after that. I know it is supposed to be a fine which is a deterrant for parking fare evaders, but $60 is a decent amount :(

So... we need to get some more interest in the gingin cruise... the last couple of cruises have been a bit low on numbers compared with the first one up the coast. Where are all the members? :spoton:

I had one a few years back down at Hillaries, which doesnt have tickets and still doesnt as far as im aware !! I was parked up on the kerb in the carpark off the road in my 4wd because there was ZERO parks anywhere in the entire marina - summer + long weekend + boat show !!

Anyway I come out 10mins later to find the ticket guy walking away so I go look at the ticket which was $50 so I spit the dummy since there are no signs saying NO PARKING etc..

so I get in my car and race up to him and say come on mate rip it up and he looked at me all snob-like and said the rules are there to be followed, so we have a bit of an argument at which time he starts rapidly walking away so we think F*CK him and go park straight back there and put the ticket back in the wiper.. about 6 hours later when we left, amazingly a pair of 12.5 inch (315's) wide Mud terrain blackies were left all over the garden bed, footpath and kerb..

parked there another 3 or 4 times with the same old ticket re-stuck under the windscreen hehehe

• Member For: 19y 10m 10d

So... we need to get some more interest in the gingin cruise... the last couple of cruises have been a bit low on numbers compared with the first one up the coast. Where are all the members? :spit:

I had one a few years back down at Hillaries, which doesnt have tickets and still doesnt as far as im aware !! I was parked up on the kerb in the carpark off the road in my 4wd because there was ZERO parks anywhere in the entire marina - summer + long weekend + boat show !!

Anyway I come out 10mins later to find the ticket guy walking away so I go look at the ticket which was $50 so I spit the dummy since there are no signs saying NO PARKING etc..

so I get in my car and race up to him and say come on mate rip it up and he looked at me all snob-like and said the rules are there to be followed, so we have a bit of an argument at which time he starts rapidly walking away so we think F*CK him and go park straight back there and put the ticket back in the wiper.. about 6 hours later when we left, amazingly a pair of 12.5 inch (315's) wide Mud terrain blackies were left all over the garden bed, footpath and kerb..

parked there another 3 or 4 times with the same old ticket re-stuck under the windscreen hehehe

Spare a thought for the guy who manages that facility. He has a duty of care to encourage (fine) people who park their cars in locations that can cause risk to others, such as footpaths :blush:

I'm sure he was also rapped about putting what he had planned to do on Monday morning on hold so he could arrange to make good the garden bed that some moron had dug up for him.

You mentioned it was a few years ago so I assume you've grown up a bit since then :blink::spoton:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 27d

So... we need to get some more interest in the gingin cruise... the last couple of cruises have been a bit low on numbers compared with the first one up the coast. Where are all the members? :blink:

Although even though the numbers are down, it's a top bunch of blokes :nono:

Spare a thought for the guy who manages that facility. He has a duty of care to encourage (fine) people who park their cars in locations that can cause risk to others, such as footpaths :nono:

I'm sure he was also rapped about putting what he had planned to do on Monday morning on hold so he could arrange to make good the garden bed that some moron had dug up for him.

You mentioned it was a few years ago so I assume you've grown up a bit since then :fool::sleepystuff:

maybe a bit of exaggeration on my behalf but 'garden bed' is really a sand semi circle enclosed by kerbing at the end of one of the carpark rows with maybe one tree in it and a few woodchips.. would take the garden maintenance person maybe 5-10mins to sweep up.. now that I think about it there is no footpath on that section either so my bad

mate if there was a sign or if it was in the way (especially if it was in the way because I always hate parking my car when some little sh*t or wa*ker can scratch it) or anything like I wouldnt have parked there and it was way down the south end of the bays... also more to the point if the f*$kass of a parking inspector hadnt been such a snobby tosser about the whole deal then im sure I wouldnt have spun the wheels when I left either..

hehe of course ive grown up mate, I drive a phoon now not a gas guzzling s-l-o-w 4wd :crybaby:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d

Nice find :sleepystuff:

Hey does anyone know where to get a clay bar that I always hear about? I have looked at a few places like supercrap and they dont know what I'm talking about. I want to try get the car looking schmick for the cruise.

Oh and a word of warning, there are roadworks along Neaves Road AND Gt Northern HWY (the only two ways to get to Gingin) which may have some loose gravel. Keep it nice and slow through these bits especially if trucks are coming the other way.

• Member For: 19y 10m 10d
Nice find :sleepystuff:

Hey does anyone know where to get a clay bar that I always hear about? I have looked at a few places like supercrap and they dont know what I'm talking about. I want to try get the car looking schmick for the cruise.

Oh and a word of warning, there are roadworks along Neaves Road AND Gt Northern HWY (the only two ways to get to Gingin) which may have some loose gravel. Keep it nice and slow through these bits especially if trucks are coming the other way.

You can get the Maguires clay bar from supercrap etc.

I read somewhere that the 3m claybar is the product of choice. You can get one from Park Automotives in Osbourne Park for around $40. Tel- 94449822.

There don't say I never do anything for you :crybaby: