WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 5y 11m 22d

Just pre-empting the inevitable here, if I end up having to do the valve springs would anyone here have the (on car) valve spring tool I could hire for a weekend ? :giverose:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Mace engineering hire one. Atomic hire one. I've used mace and they were great. I think the deposit is about 400ish give or take but had no issues there. Look them up.

You'll want to do the valve springs as the stockers may handle some boost but they won't be great with extra boost combined with rpm.

Ok I'll look into those. I did see one of them mentioned about hiring out on the website, but thought it might be too much hassle with postage. 

I'm thinking now I should've just changed them myself before sending to be tuned. I was just concerned about throwing more at this motor with the weaker bottom end with a few kms on it already. After a bit of reading last night though, it seems I may have been overthinking it. Oh well, I'll find out tomorrow if springs need doing.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

How much boost you running?? Its a big job (valve springs) if you havnt done it before. Easy for the tuner.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
13 hours ago, Renton said:

Just pre-empting the inevitable here, if I end up having to do the valve springs would anyone here have the (on car) valve spring tool I could hire for a weekend ? :giverose:

Where abouts in Perth are you? 

Baldivis 

5 hours ago, arronm said:

How much boost you running?? Its a big job (valve springs) if you havnt done it before. Easy for the tuner.

Actuator has a 10 psi spring in it. 

Time consuming/big job- yes, but something I can handle. Yes probably easy for the tuner but even if it takes me twice as long I'm saving a sh*tload in labour.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Now that I am back from a holiday overseas, I think we need to get some more traction for this cruise.

So there seems to be a lot of interest for a cruise. I can't say that I am the best guy for the job as the last few cruises I ran, didn't end up very well.

I think @discostig should take up his previous position as CC.

Maybe we should get a thread started in the WA section to get some traction with Dates and times.

• Like 1

Still keen for this, but depending on date might not have my car ready. Unless someone wants a navigator.

I have a few old maps stashed on a hard drive somewhere from car cruises and road bike runs. I can try dig them out If someone wanted to take a look at them and lead?