WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d
3 hours ago, Frederick said:

Not commenting on any workshops work or reviews but just as a consumer of any type of goods (especially large $ items) that reply irritates me and screams unprofessional to me.

Anyone in business knows the reply should have been:

Hey mate,
We’re really sorry to hear after this whole scenario that you still weren’t happy with your experience.
We certainly don’t want customers to be dissatisfied with our service and we try to go over and above on every occasion.
Please give us a call or write ya an email and we can sort out the issue for you or at least clarify what we can do in the future to improve as a business.
Many thanks.

^or something similar.

Mentioning and clarifying $ amounts belittles the customer and discussing the issue on an open new platform like this brings room for opinion and interpretation both negative and positive, not something a business what’s in this digital age.

Irrespective of the service offere or who was right or wrong in this case, solely Based on that response alone I’d avoid the business because frankly they sound rude.

Customers aren’t always right, but it’s how the business handles that which dictates the quality of the consumer happiness.

Just my two cents

:+1:

• Member For: 10y 2m 15d
4 hours ago, IH8TOADS said:

Why did you put a new motor in?

If that question is for me....I wanted everything to be strong. I built the rest of the car because I wanted everything strong,I didnt want any weak links...the last thing and most expensive was the engine. Its a car that will never see a drag strip,I just take it out on weekends. It was due for a service May 2016 but im still 2000klms away from that to show how little it is driven. Its a 2009 model with 53,000klms. 

I went to see Simon today to have a chat,I dont like all drama myself, he was repectful and originally when I spoke to him he was complimentary of his main competitor. He explained that the planetary gear is stock unless you pay 8k for a box so even a "built" box can fail. My point was I never new I had a weak link, I thought great,I dont have to worry about that,onto the next thing. He said Nizpro would have replaced the input shaft...I dunno,im just 50k into this car with suspension wheels etc so I was annoyed to have to build a box I wasnt happy with from day one.  I shook hands and took down my Google comments. So for me that's the end of it. I want to get the thing ran in and enjoy it. Merry xmas to all!!

Edited by SeduceG6Et67
  • Thanks 1

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 20d
10 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Hey guess what ...

two sides of the story have been aired on this thread, one side is a customer who openly admits he knows next to nothing about mechanicals and has paid over 20k for a service/s and doesn’t seem like a tight bugger who could not afford for it to be done right ( heck he’s just shelled out another 20k to workshop B ) 

one side is a fully equipped well informed workshop who knows nearly everything there is to know and has admitted the customer has paid up for what would of been recommended to him considering the customer isn’t “in the know” 

is there anyone at fault here ? Could the well equipped workshop of recommended a better package, maybe could the customer ask for a better package, maybe also but probably not due to more than likely going on what he had been recommended by the workshop and their skills 

the customer has told his side of the story and also told the story of what’s just unfolded and the great service from MT 

Now to me this doesn’t sound like something a new punter would want to hear about if looking at workshop A to do work on their vehicle but again every workshop is open to scrutiny ( apparently ) and maybe sometimes a customer can just not be reasoned with and this could of been a good time for XFT to actually talk about all they “tried” to do and the “lengths” they went to to help resolve the situation. Instead we see a cheap shot that the customer didn’t spend the extra $4225 to be correct with his $25,000 invoice claim ...... 

so despite this all going down I'm fully allowed to take a shot at @arronm and the way he talks about XFT and how he can poke fun at any other workshop at his choosing and now I can do the same 

it wasn’t directed at anyone other than @arronm and it wasn’t defamatory it was a cheap shot to piss him off and so fhucking what .... it’s a forum, nothing happens on here anymore and a shot back n forth between two members means SFA .... the fact it’s including a prominent workshop isn’t my fault nor is it my story... but guess what it got said and said from the horses mouth, not second hand 

so yeh it’s a forum and banter will happen and will happen often especially with Arron as he loves to give it far more regular than anyone else .... if this was someone’s build thread or a dedicated individual thread I could understand but in the general WA chit chat thread stuff will be said and will be said in gest more often than not 

Happy Christmas @IH8TOADS and if there’s something you want to discuss please feel free to PM me as I don’t understand your reaction when not directed at you ;) 

A cheap shot? Couldn’t be further from the truth. Why would me pointing out that a customer exaggerating what they have spend on something to be done on a car as being wrong not within my rights to do? As for given a chance to rectify it? I haven’t seen this car for 3 years. Let’s get real. There is so much more to this story and many others but all people want to do is take “cheap Shots” at shops that have been working on reputations for years. Anyways.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 6y 3m 8d

Hi guys im currently in the process of rebuilding my ba ive had it for a while but finally decided to give it soome serious love and get it going again. Thing is its unregistered and I was wondering if anyone on here has dealt with W.A dept of transport regarding modified vehicles kind of wanting to know what I can put on and get over the pits with eg. Intercooler, intake etc. 

Cheers in advance

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

@PhilMeUp would have to be an expert on this by now

Problem is he hasn't been on the forum since September last year, maybe send him a pm

Here is one of his threads, enjoy 

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90489-2007-fpv-tornado-ute-tinkering-setup/?do=findComment&comment=1592250

• 2 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on much myself.

He won't be back on the forum for a while yet.

@And094 have a read of that thread to get an idea of what you may be up against.