WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 10y 3m 5d

Just thought I would jump in to this topic as I just picked up my car today from Rob after getting a stage 3 built motor and built box. I had spent over 25k with XFT and had issues with my $6500 box from day 1. I told Rob the issues and that I could feel something wrong in 4th(ZF box) Turns out the planetary pins had walked out and the box was a ticking bomb once they came out. Also other parts were not done correctly,I cant remember axactly,I can find out.  The actuator was not secured properly causing all sorts off probs. The fuel pumps were running both pumps all the time which will boil the fuel apparently. The car would stall a lot when coming to a traffic light. XFT will do an F6 engine with a few minor upgrades for 16k and rated to 500RWKW, with Monsta Torque its a complete race engine that guys are running 1000RWHP through them for 15k. Spoke to Simon and just like when I had the probs way back he wasnt to interested telling me the planetary pins can walk,Rob has them tig welded. My car does about 4000km a year so having to pay for another box pissed me off. I cant recommend Rob enough. So after another $22061 I am sure this time I will have no issues and some one who listens if I do. 

Edited by SeduceG6Et67
  • Like 2

• Member For: 11y 1m 23d

Wow that's dodgy did you get any refund from the first tuner?

Can't speak highly enough of Monsta torque either. Rob was busy as with 4 cars in the workshop still took the time to talk to me for ages and explain everything he does. His rebuilds are actually a bargain in comparison to others. I even tried regular transmission shops for a cheap rebuild you can't find a better price than MT for all the work he does

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d
9 hours ago, SeduceG6Et67 said:

Just thought I would jump in to this topic...

@arronm what do you think about the king pin now ?

Cant wait to hear your thoughts on this one ......

• Haha 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Just think it’s ironic that @arronm can poke at any and all workshops and hold XFT in some kind of stupid high regard yet the story’s coming from the Perth scene is becoming regular now 

can’t wait to hear the kind of bullshyit @arronm has to say from his boyfriend that could never do no wrong 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

there's (at least) two sides to every story. that being said, it's up to the person to deal with their :pooh: with the tuna... if the tuna is still getting heaps of business and heaps of happy customers with the occasional unhappy customer, that's business :idunno:

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y

19yrs not 1 unhappy client for me.

Just saying.

Yes ive had mistakes, yes its cost me money a few times, though I always correct the problem if I or my business is at fault.

I have a 7yr warranty on all the work I do. Its mandatory in my job.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

theres no warranty from xft because they probably dont have any records of working on your car :)

they have a good memory though and some of the people at xft to talk to are wicked and will spend plenty of time with ya on the phone.

my old Bf was tuned by em and was fine (zf was built n tuned by em too, lasted at least 120,000kms)

did you ask how long an xft built zf is meant to last? it's no where near as long as the stock one cause racecar..... awesome excuse that one. nah m8 it wasn't my rebuild you musta thrashed it.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 10y 3m 5d
2 hours ago, Lennox said:

Wow that's dodgy did you get any refund from the first tuner?

Can't speak highly enough of Monsta torque either. Rob was busy as with 4 cars in the workshop still took the time to talk to me for ages and explain everything he does. His rebuilds are actually a bargain in comparison to others. I even tried regular transmission shops for a cheap rebuild you can't find a better price than MT for all the work he does

No mate. I said how about a good will gesture(maybe some cash) and I will take my review on google down. He said no,if you brought it back to me I would have fixed it for only 2k...REALLY!! Builds a sub par box then I pay again,no thankyou.  This car is a car that never has been on a track or drag raced ,only comes out on weekend but the box was rooted. Burnt plates,the input shaft was not true so went in the bin,you could see where it was rubbing on one side and not the other. Because of the actuator it was doughy under 4000rpm and lost a bit up higher in the RPM. I wish I could be more technical but I dont know much about the mechanical stuff. Rob replaced the 22mm input with his 24mm shaft and built the box. He said that is his whiz bang 8k box but I was charged a bit over 4k. He did a lot of stuff that was of no charge. Asked about getting the engine cover to match my paint,no problem,no charge...he sent one to his painter to sort it. Honestly,I have not heard a bad review of Rob. 

Edited by SeduceG6Et67