Warranty Ban?

ford number 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 21d

I have put a holding deposit on a XR6T and was wondering if Ford will be able to tell me if the car has had a ban put on the warranty because of any mods that have been done.Im guessing that I should be able to give them the rego and it will be on their system if their has been any dramas..I hope there isnt isnt cauz ive been hanging for 2 years to get my ass in one of these beasts :spoton:

• Donating Members

I more than likely will but it wouldnt be good if something(even minor) goes wrong and I take it back to Ford then they tell me that the warranty is banned..I will be getting edit done soonish but I just want to drive for about 6mths to see if I can find any dramas that can be fixed before I start getting things done..

• Donating Members

Its a late 03 with 31k.It will still be under warranty till next year sometime.Im not buying from a Ford dealer.I remember reading on a thread last week that Ford are reflashing cars and then finding out when you go back that you have an edit so they put you on a ban list..

The warranty I get from where im buying from will run out about the same time as Fords so I cant see me having any dramas..

• Member For: 18y 10m
I have put a holding deposit on a XR6T and was wondering if  Ford  will be able to tell me if the car has had a ban put on the warranty because of any mods that have been done.Im guessing that I should be able to give them the rego and it will be on their system if their has been any dramas..I hope there isnt isnt cauz ive been hanging for 2 years to get my ass in one of these beasts  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No warrenty if you buy my old xr6t acid rush :roll:

• Member For: 18y 8m 2d

Find out were the car has been serviced and call them. I am buying as well so I called with the rego and they told me the entire service history. They told me all warranty repairs, services, and warranty expiration.

Definetely good to know as I found out the car I am getting has been in for brakes, steering shudder, power window failure, and misfiring engine.

Best thing is it helps with negotiating!

• Donating Members

My brother in law works for a dealer so I gave him the VIN and he told me whats been done to it.Its been in for brake shutter,had the cooling system reflushed at 30,000km and also had the reflash done 3mths ago..