Speedo Not Working And "d" Flashing!

XtRmn8

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d

Hey guys,

On the way to work this morning about 10km from work I noticed that my speedo was not working and the "D" (for Driver) was flashing. I moved the auto selector over to SSS mode but this made no change the D was still flashing. I could not fell that the car was changing gears, but I got up to speed of about 60km/h and the engine was still below 2000rpm, techo was working. Also I could not set the cruise control and no other warning lights at all.

Got to work, turned the car off, started it back up again and moving the gear selector to D and over to SSS was fine again. Did not flash or anything and no warning lights or anything. Did not have time to drive it because I had to run into the office!

What could it be?? :spit:

Cheers! :Imwifhim:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d

The Flashing D is the Auto limp mode signal, I have found it occurs occasionally with mine but that's due to the torque my box is handling. I normally find that turning it on and off resets the issue at least on standard boxes. Your ford dealer should be able to tell you more, well a decent one should be able to.

Regards

M G

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
The Flashing D is the Auto limp mode signal, I have found it occurs occasionally with mine but that's due to the torque my box is handling. I normally find that turning it on and off resets the issue at least on standard boxes. Your ford dealer should be able to tell you more, well a decent one should be able to.

Regards

M G

Yea hope I can get home ok tonight!!! :blink:

I am going to take it to a dealer in the morning and hopefully they can get some fault codes of it and find out what the problem is!!

:spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

I had this happen when I first started playing with mods :spoton:

Mine locked out some gears, and would not allow me to use the SSS mode either.

I think it does this if some parameters are too far outside expected values, but switching the car off and then back on should clear it.

If it happens often, you may want to get it looked at.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
stereo not working and "D" flashing??

PM "jetmir" I think he knows how to fix this.  :spoton:

Mate "speedo" not "stereo" :glad: .........give the guy a break! :spoton:

I took the car to a dealer the following morning and they found what the problem was. Reason why it went into limp mode was because I lost my speedo and the reason for that is a loss of signal from the gearbox to the ICC. This was due to moisture in one of the electrical plugs near the gearbox (what they told me). They cleaned it up and reset the error codes and I was on my way. No problem since, they speedo works all the up to :glad: hehehe.

:glad:

• 18 years later...