How Many Km's When New?

mahoy

• Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Hi all.

Getting my first brand new T next week :nono: Coming from a lancer it should be great. A couple of questions how many km's should the car have when I pick it up from the dealership, what is an acceptable amount? What type of things should I look out for when picking the car up ie. scratches on rims etc.?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 19d

Mine had about 23kms from memory. Depends on where it goes for add on's. eg: alarm, tint etc. Look out for diff oil leak around backing plate, power steer oil leak at the rack hoses, water leak from back of waterpump, diff whine. Most of these come later as a bonus, apart from that your gonna love it, I do. Have fun. :nono:

• Member For: 19y 4m 28d

77km's.

My car came with a bonus scratch on the leather on the back seat which wasn't picked up for a couple of days after getting the car. The dealer said that I did it. I said I couldn't have as no one was in the back seat. They offered to get it fixed for me, as long as I paid......

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 1d

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate,

The first time you give it a good squirt,

You won't care if it had 7 or 77.......

Then will come the edit.......etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

The phoon came as a demo, had 1000 on the clock

And in a way I am glad cause every one of those K's was someone testing it out..

Me? I might have been too gentle....

Get the picture>?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 27d

The dealer had my car in stock and when I first viewed it and it had 4 klm's on the clock.

Then I took the wife for a ride to let her see what I had decided to buy and that put another 30klm on.

So when I picked it up it actually had 35 klm on the clock.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 27d
Mine had about 23kms from memory. Depends on where it goes for add on's. eg: alarm, tint etc. Look out for diff oil leak around backing plate, power steer oil leak at the rack hoses, water leak from back of waterpump, diff whine. Most of these come later as a bonus, apart from that your gonna love it, I do. Have fun.  :nono:

You forgot to mention to look forward to the brake shudder.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 19d
Mine had about 23kms from memory. Depends on where it goes for add on's. eg: alarm, tint etc. Look out for diff oil leak around backing plate, power steer oil leak at the rack hoses, water leak from back of waterpump, diff whine. Most of these come later as a bonus, apart from that your gonna love it, I do. Have fun.  :spit:

You forgot to mention to look forward to the brake shudder.

Damn, Forgot all about that. Only had it done 2nd time around last month. Must have been the stress of getting a new diff fitted made me forget. Still love it but. :nono: