Superlow King Springs

FR33DY

• Member For: 19y 1m 3d

Just wanted to confirm with people who have already lowered there cars, the part number/set I should be going for is Part Numbers - KFFL-57, KFRL-68SSL, they are on eBay for $220 and I have a mate that will install them for free.

With lowering the car should we lower the back 2 inches or more?

** Brand New **

Superlow King Springs

Ford BA XR6 & XR8 Sedan (other models available)

Full set - 4 coils, 2 front + 2 rear

On the world's fastest racetracks, on the street, on the toughest outback terrain there is. When it comes to spring design and durability, King Springs knows neither compromise nor second best.

Quality, Innovation, Design. These are the cornerstones of our technology, and the reasons why King Springs are leaders in the replacement, performance spring market.

Lowers the car approx 50-60mm (lowered springs also available - 30mm lower)

Part Numbers - KFFL-57, KFRL-68SSL

** Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty **

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d

They are the same part numbers as what was fitted to my car. Its not a bad price, but I know that trade they are about $100 a set.

A lot op people have these springs fitted and they are very good and make your call look a lot better. Ride height will be guard-on-tyre give or take a few mm. SSL at the back is the way to go because it will make your car sit level front and back.

:spoton:

• Member For: 19y 10m 25d

Ive got the same and had them fitted a couple of weeks ago. Found that the front didnt drop at all from the standards and is still the same height (360mm from arch to centre cap with 19" wheel. Waiting to see if they drop a bit with time like Ive heard they do as they still look too high imo.

Rears is perfect height.

Max

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 25d

FR33DY, yes you have the correct part numbers. As the others have said, you need the SSL's at the back to get the level sill effect. The XR's are already lower than XT's out of the factory, and the front doesn't need to be lowered as much. Check out the King Springs catalogue for more detail - if you go to the Superlow applications list at the back of the document, you'll see that they specify the part numbers you have quoted.

You should also note that as the rear is being lowered to that degree, you are more than likely to end up with the car resting on its bump stops. You should probably take 1/2" or so off the bump stop when you're fitting the springs. :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 10d
They are the same part numbers as what was fitted to my car. Its not a bad price, but I know that trade they are about $100 a set.

A lot op people have these springs fitted and they are very good and make your call look a lot better. Ride height will be guard-on-tyre give or take a few mm. SSL at the back is the way to go because it will make your car sit level front and back.

:spoton:

that's what I was told too! $100 a pair...

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 1m 3d

I got the springs fitted today and the car does not look much lower ??

What I have noticed is the driver side looks lower then passenger side by about 2 cm, how long does it take for the springs to settle ? is it possible that they were not installed correctly ?

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d

Those springs are the same as I have in my car. I am wrapped with the ride height and ride quality has not been affected.

post-3679-1124520171_thumb.jpg