Boost Gauge Installation

BLK6T

• Member For: 19y 5m 13d

I have tried searching but could not find. Im installing a fairmont boost gauge soon and need to see some instructions of the wiring for lights. Does it light up when lights are turned on or is it lit up all the time??? Any help is much appreciated... :spoton:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

BLK,

The gauge comes with good instructions with pictures, so you should have no problem getting it done.

Yes the gauge does light up with the headlights

• Member For: 20y 4m 23d

one thing to note thought, the instructions will tell you to tap into the booster line for vacuum. This is illegal & not a good idea anyways. Better to tap into the vac tree on the inlet manifold under the inlet ducting I thinks.

• Member For: 20y 10m 22d
& not a good idea anyways

Why? You're putting a solid brass Tee with a tight fit & good quality hose clamps in the line, which I don't think is a safety issue, now go and have a look at the connections on either end of the hose from factory at the Booster & manifold, there are held on by a small wire crimp! so there must not be much pressure in the line to cause a problem! If you're that concerned, you should be replacing the factory clamps!!!

• Member For: 20y 4m 23d

now calm down firstly. Youi might want to take a look at the ADRs. Current roadworthy laws say you cannot cut the booster vac line as far as I am aware. In a normal car there is only vacuum in there, no pressure, although turbos get pressure when on boost-brake not required then anyways, but mate, there are easy palces to take it with less risk. Whether it is a RWC issue or not, why take the risk? has nothing to do with the clamps, just one more this that might go wrong. To be honest I dont care if you do, was some friendly advice you have obviously taken offense to. I am a qualified tradesman & I would not take this chance with my customer's cars purley because there is no need to.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

:spoton:

There is a right way and a wrong way. The brake booster hose is the wrong way, but will still work. "If" anything was to go wrong, you would be stuffed :gooff:

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 19d

Why people insist on tapping in the brake booster ................l don't know :gooff: , the safest way to do it is to put a Tee piece on the back of your BOV the proper way :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 5m 13d
Why people insist on tapping in the brake booster ................l don't know :blink: , the safest way to do it is to put a Tee piece on the back of your BOV the proper way :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the back of the BOV?? Excellent...Is that the most common method used on the T's?? I know a few who used the brake booster hose. Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated. :laughing: